GMC Truck Forum banner

Project 1998 Chevy Silverado

180K views 356 replies 96 participants last post by  KingSize93 
#1 ·
Im going to be posting pic's of the progress of my 98 chevy ext cab truck. I purchased this truck a few months ago already bagged from a guy in missouri for a real good price.

It's bagged on 22"s, Almost lays front, 1/2" port RE-7 Slam Bags, 6 1/2" Blitzluft valves, 2 link rear setup with bag over axle, Stock control arms.
This is my first bagged truck.
Getting ready to unload the truck at work.

Alot more pic's coming soon.

See less See more
#127 ·
Lookin good bro. whats next?
Thanks, Got to get on that bed.

looks good. if i ever get to a point where i'm able to do all this to my 95, i might have to have you do the work for me. you're only about 4hrs away from me.
Thanks, I wouldn't mind working on the tubs for you, now that I have done a couple. I could probable turn them out pretty quick.

#128 ·
Got the bed in the shop now and getting ready to work on it.

I have alot of mud work ahead of me.

The left side is the worst but the right side will just take some glaze work.

Got to correct the lopsided tub hole.

A little floor straightening and a notch cover to come.

#129 ·
Looks good .. sorry I overlooked this project .. that blue is NICE .. I want to paint my malibu in a burgandy paint that has the look of that blue .. does that make sense? Have any ideas on some factory colors?

Also, you might want to have some grommets were the fuel lines go through the bed .. and I also wonder if you might should have that tool box vented, so that gas fumes don't build up and put you at risk for a fire.

#130 ·
Looks good .. sorry I overlooked this project .. that blue is NICE .. I want to paint my malibu in a burgandy paint that has the look of that blue .. does that make sense? Have any ideas on some factory colors?

Also, you might want to have some grommets were the fuel lines go through the bed .. and I also wonder if you might should have that tool box vented, so that gas fumes don't build up and put you at risk for a fire.
Thanks for the complements. I think a Cadillac Crimson Red will give you the look your looking for or just look real good:cool:

The 2 Cadillac's on the left are Crimson Red.

Im not sure what kind of car this is but its painted crimson red to.

Yes I have grommets for the gas lines, I dont ever get the smell of gas coming from the tool box but I'll keep the venting thing in mind.

#135 ·
Lookin good man.. I tried skimin through first pages but didnt see, what spindles are you using?
Thanks. Im not sure what spindles are on the truck. stock, drop or what. I'll have to take a closer look and see if I can figure it out.

Do you know what the code/number is on that Crimson Red?
Well I didnt find the code I was looking for called crimson red. Maybe thats just what the dealership calls it, but I found simular colors.

Merlot Jewel......WA964L
Crystal Claret....WA505Q
Sport Red.........WA817K
Sonoma Jewel....WA412P

All of the paint codes are GM 2008 model codes.

You can go to an Oriellys or a company that sell automotive paint and ask to look at a 2008 GM COLOR CHIP book so you can get an idea of what those colors look like. The colors will look the best if looked at with a sun gun so you can see the metallics pop and see the true color.

trucks coming along great, ive seen that color in person, its sweet. :shake:
Thanks, and yes it is. It looks like one shade at night and another during the day.

#136 ·
Well I decided to start with the fun stuff first and start installing the tubs.
I power washed the bed inside and out before starting.

I made a cardboard templet of the tub and put it were or how I wanted the tub to be.

Got the inside cut for the tub. Rolled the beside lip in and seam sealed with the control flow.

Undercoated the inside of the bedside for added protection, Same stuff used on the firewall.

Leveled and getting ready to tack in the tub. Yeah that’s a axle shim,
the jdm guy wouldn’t let me exchange it from a 4 degree to a 6 degree for my black truck,
So it came in handy with getting the tub to sit where I wanted it to.

Its quite a task to get a tub in place by your self.

All tacked in.

The trailer fender used is
13" Wide X 18" Tall X 36" Long and cut down to 10" Wide

#137 ·

look into the Red jewel tintcoat that comes on the Trailblazer SS. It's a dark red but not a maroon. Looks awesome in the sun.

#141 ·
#142 ·
Getting ready to weld up the other tub. You got to get creative when installing these things by your self.

Now I need to cap the sides of the tubs.

#146 ·
#148 ·
#149 ·
I sent out some 16 gauge sheet metal to be cut on a ban saw for the tub fillers. I wanted a fast and clean cut that you cant get with a cut off or a plasma and grinder.

So in the mean time I did some body work. Shaved the stake pockets and primed one side of the bed.

Just need to body work the other side now.

#150 ·
Anybody ever use one of these bad boys before? Or know what it is for that matter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.