GMC Truck Forum banner

Project 1998 Chevy Silverado

180K views 356 replies 96 participants last post by  KingSize93 
#1 ·
Im going to be posting pic's of the progress of my 98 chevy ext cab truck. I purchased this truck a few months ago already bagged from a guy in missouri for a real good price.

It's bagged on 22"s, Almost lays front, 1/2" port RE-7 Slam Bags, 6 1/2" Blitzluft valves, 2 link rear setup with bag over axle, Stock control arms.
This is my first bagged truck.
Getting ready to unload the truck at work.

Alot more pic's coming soon.

See less See more
#104 ·
Awesome work, keep it up
Thanks

lookin great, lovin those inner fenders... May have been stated but to lazy to find, whats to come of wheel choice? those early 90's choppers gotta go lol
Its funny that you say something about the wheels because just last week I was thinking when I get the truck done I want to go to a wheel shop and see what kind of deal we can make on a trade and some cash or something.

For something like these.

I'll do a poll later on some wheels, because there is more that Im choosing from other than these.

great work fo sho. hey are you on okcminis.com ? if not you should check it out bro.
Thanks, No im not on okcminis but i'll check it out sometime.

on the fender lips where you cut them and rolled them up. what did you put over them?. is it that same self leveleling seam sealer?
i wanna put some shitlike that on mine in that same area.
i looked around and couldnt find a brush on one anywhere. they are all caulking gun style or 2 part
I used a product called Control Flow, its not the same as self leveling. (self leveling is kinda runny.) You can use the self leveling from 3M, but it might not appear as thick as control flow. I'll have to find out where we get the control flow or who makes it because its not a 3M product.

My opinion is to use the control flow.

I guess I miss stated about the sealers earlier. They do come in a 2 part cartiage. After I appy control flow I brush it out to were I want it.

#105 ·
I used a product called Control Flow, its not the same as self leveling. (self leveling is kinda runny.) You can use the self leveling from 3M, but it might not appear as thick as control flow. I'll have to find out where we get the control flow or who makes it because its not a 3M product.

My opinion is to use the control flow.

I guess I miss stated about the sealers earlier. They do come in a 2 part cartiage. After I appy control flow I brush it out to were I want it.
http://www.evercoat.com/productDetail.aspx?pID=283
is this the stuff

#106 ·
#109 ·
#111 ·
good job man truck looking killer keep us posted
Thanks

I put the fender and tub on the truck and I must say it makes it look 10 times better having them then not having them.

Now I gotta ditch that bright ass orange air filter.

Man that tub turned out so nice,
I had to take it home before I installed it and show it off.

#114 ·
Wow those are CLEAN fenders fa sho.. now hurry up and finish!
Thanks. Ah yes, Now I need to get the driver side done.

Awesome build man, love the attention to detail, yet simple approach you are taking. Keep up the work, and keep up the updates.
Thanks. I like simple and clean.:cool:

#118 ·
#120 ·
#121 ·
#122 ·
Awesome build. Do you have anymore pics of your EDC bracket?
Here are some pic's of the real simple EDC bracket for a york comp.

Need any other pic's let me know.

#124 ·
Got the driver side tub done and installed.

Real dusty sitting in the shop.

I was going to put the computer on the tub but decided not to, It takes away from the look under the hood. Im going keep it were it is, I just need to build a bracket for it, not that bungee cord shit that was on there.

I think later on Im going to paint a little trible design in the center of the tubs in blue. Make it pop more.

Very tight squeeze with all the wires and harness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.