2011 HD front end swap info (part numbers in here)

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by bryanatc, Dec 29, 2010.

Sponsored By: Tonneau Factory Outlet
  1. bryanatc

bryanatc GMFS Member

Im posting what I have found to help anyone else looking into this swap. I know there is a 07+ part numbers thread but I thought it would be helpful to have a thread just for this swap for easy reference. I have not ordered these parts but I got the VIN # off a 2011 HD and had a buddy at the dealership look up these for me! Heres what I got:

-2011 HD hood- 20952912

-2011 HD bumper w/fog light holes (they call it "bar")- 25883349

-2011 HD grille- 20966058

-Fog Lamps- (Left side) 25883245 and (Right side) 25883246

-2011 Hood trim molding (Grille piece)- 20963700

-2011 Plastic molding (cowling piece that says Allison or duramax or whatever)- (Left side) 20927551 (Right side) 20927552

Im not sure if the hood trim piece is included on the hood, it may be separate.
    Feel free to add any helpful info for this swap so we can keep it all in one thread.

For quick reference:

Link to http://gmpartsonline.net/

Link to http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

Heres a picture for motivation!

[​IMG]

HOW TO MOUNT 2011 HD FRONT BUMPER
    Ok, so ill try to explain what I did the best I can. Im posting a picture at the bottom for reference because I didnt take pictures.
    -I used the factory 1500 brackets. I cut the back of the bracket from the center to the outside of the truck. (The side that bolts to the bumper, from the center towards the tire if that makes sense.)
    -Then part number 7 in the diagram (inner bracket), I unbolted and raised it 1''. I used part number 6 (anchor plate) as the templet and drilled TWO new holes, I didnt use the top hole. After I used part number 6 as a templet I cut a top portion off so it would fit back into place. (when you raise it up an inch, part number 6 is too tall to fit back into place so you have to cut some of the top off, I cut the top hole off when I did this)
    -I put the mounting brackets on the truck and just put the bolts finger tight. Then with part numbers 6 and 7 relocated and cut I put them back on the bumper and put the bumper on the truck. You may have to wallow out some of the holes to get a perfect fit.
    -After I got the bumper where I wanted it and I tightened everything down I pushed the end of the bumper where I wanted them and drilled a hole for the support brackets on each end of the bumper. (the bar that goes around the backside of the fog light) I only drilled one new hole for them and it holds perfect. It should have two but I didnt feel I needed both and it works fine for me.
    [​IMG]

Thats everything I can think of right now. Im not making this to tell you guys how to do your swap. Im just sharing my experience because most of time I spent on my swap today was trial and error to get everything to line up. I would have been glad to have just something to go off of before I got started. All I kept reading was the bumper just bolts up and that wasnt the case. If you can half ass figure stuff out and have a buddy to give a hand here and there you will have no problems. Good luck, hope this helps you guys a little.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  2. mrgrinch77301

mrgrinch77301 GMFS Member

thanks. this will come in handy when i order parts. see if you can get the moulding #

3. CHVY4LF

CHVY4LF Desert Rat

isnt the bumper the only change?

Dgifford likes this.
  4. bryanatc

bryanatc GMFS Member

I'll update this thread when I find out.

I'm pretty sure the grille changed also but I could be wrong.

5. jvoisel

jvoisel GMFS Member

It did.

6. CUB

CUB GMFS Senior Member

Nice. I bet a new hood is $$$

7. bryanatc

bryanatc GMFS Member

$567 shipped from GMPD. Im going to look for a used one first.

8. CUB

CUB GMFS Senior Member

Zomg. Too much for mee

9. Mauro

Mauro Fresno State Bulldog

$935 plus shipping from GMPD.....not bad if you can get a local dealer to come close to thier prices, then just paint for the hood :hmm:

10. CHVY4LF

CHVY4LF Desert Rat

ok so after comparing the two i guess they are different but there very close

11. CUB

CUB GMFS Senior Member

Please sticky this.....there will be 50 threads that will be made regarding this same info

Grill --OUR PRICE: $163.42
    HD hood --OUR PRICE: $360.84
    Bumper-- OUR PRICE: $285.37
    Fogs-- OUR PRICE: $66.08

Shipping kills the price on these though...i wonder if dealerships will price match?

12. bryanatc

bryanatc GMFS Member

A friend of mine, the one I got these part numbers from, gave me his price for the parts and it's about $30 more than GMPD SHIPPED price. I'm going to order all my stuff through him. The extra $30 is worth it to not have to worry about GMPD bs and long delays. He quoted me $1,402.14 for everything.

13. CUB

CUB GMFS Senior Member

Jesus....you'd think it would be $30 more than the price WITHOUT shipping...

14. bryanatc

bryanatc GMFS Member

Yea, it's not cheap! GMPD makes their prices look good then they fuck you on the shipping! There's no way shipping cost what they charge on some stuff. And I don't like the fact you have to email them if you have question or a problem with your order that you've been waiting 2 weeks for!! I use gmpartsonline.net now because they match GMPD price and you can actually talk to someone on the phone.

15. BlkSlvrdo129

BlkSlvrdo129 GMFS Senior Member

Well I'll undercut them both, I'll sell it to you for $100+shipping*
    *shipping and handling $1,300

That kind of smoke and mirrors bullshit is aggravating to say the least, but just proves that you can't get anything for 'free' in life.

Great thread too btw, I'm really liking these new front ends colourmatched.

16. jerstilly

jerstilly GMFS Member

Would this be a direct fit/bolt on, for a 2010 Silverado 1500? Also I have seen these done before, on this site, and the bumper hangs down so much lower than the rocker panels, it looked good but kind of out of place, is this going to be the same case with these 2011 part #'s? Very interested in this set-up.

17. CUB

CUB GMFS Senior Member

Yes...grill and hood are direct fit....bumper uses stock brackets so its also direct fit....

I dont know how much the bumper hangs down on the 2011s...but it looks pretty long...so im sure it hangs down quite a bit....but it looks tits..

18. mrgrinch77301

mrgrinch77301 GMFS Member

but i thought you could use a 07-10 hd hood with no problem?

19. bryanatc

bryanatc GMFS Member

Im pretty sure the hoods are the same, the hood trim piece is definitely different though. Ill find out for sure and let you know the update.

20. OHNINE

OHNINE not low enough

i know on the rgv one guy said the roundness on front of hood was different and trim piece.. but i dunno..

also on the part number for the 2011 hd bumper(bar).. does this include the valance.. and on the part number for the hood does it include the chrome front trip and black trim at the rear close to windsheild? i know looking at gmpd for the 07 hood u had to buy everything seperate. which adds up alot more then we are seeing here.

[​IMG]