2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Bowties

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Veit27, Dec 19, 2016.

Sponsored By: Tonneau Factory Outlet
  1. Veit27

Veit27 New Member

Hey guys! Sorry I can't seem to find what I am looking for and if someone can help me out that would be fantastic. Even if it means turning me to the right location. But I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT All Star Edition that is white. I am looking at color matching my entire front end. My question is I am getting a work truck to replace the chrome parts to white. But on the bowtie, how are people painting them when doing them two different colors? Is there a process to get it done right that someone can show me? I can't seem to find exactly what I am looking for. Example like I would do the center black and then the chrome trim white or vice versa. Thank you!

2. Hobbs95

Hobbs95 New Member

My wife bought mine off ETSY. It came in just a rectangle I peeled it off and stuck it on over my Black emblem ( Ive got black emblem with chrome outline) Then i cut out the Emblem and peeled the excess off. So now mines white with a chrome outline. You could probably buy black vinyl and do the same for the outline. I think it looks good and it only cost 10 bucks.

3. No Tyme

No Tyme New Member

I have seen guys use Plastic-Dip to color match the bow-ties and other things. You can also buy a vinyl overlay off another GM Truck forum.

4. Machingeaneer

Machingeaneer GMFS Member

Plastidip looks like shit, it never comes close to matching the actual color of the vehicle.

5. No Tyme

No Tyme New Member

It will eventually, doesn't last long for sure. My vinyl overlay last twice as long I believe.

6. Veit27

Veit27 New Member

[​IMG]

This is the type I am looking for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk