GMC Truck Forum banner

2015 GMC Audio and Display Issues

3K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  benz88 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500 work truck with the SLE convenience package so i got the power windows and back up camera. This is the first truck i have ever had with all the fancy stuff that i think goes wrong faster and was debating on even buying it. I have been having issues and was wondering if anyone else is having similar problems.
1. Its not every time but most of the time when i turn the fan on the AC comes on automatically doesn't matter if it was on or off when i shut the fan off last time i used it or if temperature is on heat
2. The backup camera display will shut off but the screen will stay blue so i can't see the radio station, time, or menu settings.
3. The whole radio will shut off while driving and come back on making the time 12:00
4. The seat belt and other warning sounds will be quieter and seems like driver door speaker isn't working all the time.
5. Also does other random things such as going to menu screen with out hitting menu button while driving.

Thanks for you time

#8 ·
Defiantly take it into the dealer for the radio concern.

#9 ·
So update took it to the dealer and they said everything seems to be working correctly and everything looked normal. But what i didn't think about was i had a truck cap installed on my truck and maybe they messed with something and didn't tell me so i called the company and asked them if they messed with my wiring to install cap and they said no. So i called again the next day talked to the manager and he also said no we didn't touch your wiring. So i figured i would do some of my own investigation and when i took off the door threshold where you step up to the truck there was a mess of wires and 20 to 30 wires and nicked as it looks like they were taking the prong of an electrical meter and shoving it in the wire and let copper exposed. Also under the dash there is probably 10 more wires nicked. So i went back to the place and asked the manager in person did you destroy the wiring in my truck and he said how could we damage your wiring? and i said i will tell you how you were shoving the point of a meter in the wiring trying to get a reading and you could tell by his face he knew he messed up and said ok i will pay for damage but you have to go to the GMC dealer i go to. So when i went to his dealer they are telling me the want to splice and try to repair all 30 to 40 wires in my truck and close it up. In my option i think this is not the correct fix at all i think the wiring harness should be replaced but the dealer said it will cost to much. I just think he wants to do it cheap for his friend. So any guys on here that know about electric in trucks and what is your opnion is 30 to 40 wires a bit extreme to be splicing back together?

#10 ·
as long as theyre soldered and shrink tube'd i see no problem...its shitty that ur new truck will have that janky wiring.

#12 ·
14 sierra I had the screen would black out, radio would work etc but no rear cam view or anything like that and it would come back on after a few minutes at times or sometimes 40 mins. Never could duplicate it at the dealer of course.

#13 ·
Id go for a new harness for Warranty purposes. GM will not cover any parts attached to that wiring if they fail

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.