88-98 K1500 Headlight Improvement Needed

Discussion in 'Lighting & Illumination' started by Tweezak, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Tweezak

Tweezak New Member

This has probably been beat to death in another thread but I've searched and I can't find anything other than cosmetic upgrades.

I have a 94 K1500 that has really badly fogged headlights. I could probably polish them but I thought I'd look for something to improve the pattern at the same time.

My brother replaced his Jeep headlights with some really impressive lights from Autopal and Hella bulbs. Very bright and an excellent beam. Unfortunately they don't make anything for my rig.

Frankly I'm not concerned with appearance. This is a hunting truck so I want to light up the world when I'm coming down the mountain after dark. But, on the road I'd like to have a flat beam so as not to blind other drivers.

The previous owner put in some cheap HIDs but a town I have to drive through will ticket you as soon as they see you with non-factory HIDs.

If I can't find a good replacement I'll probably end up putting on some accessory lights for the off-highway activity and get some OEM style replacements for general purpose driving.

What do you think?

Thanks all