94 GMC SIERRA ISSUES

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Hdmtrgrl, Jul 20, 2017.

1. Hdmtrgrl

Hdmtrgrl New Member

ok thank you

2. KrazyK-nampa

KrazyK-nampa New Member

Any luck??

3. Hdmtrgrl

Hdmtrgrl New Member

ok dropped pan changed filter and fluid does the same thing. however now its doing it most of the time so other people got to experience what it was only doing for me. tranny is sticking in 1st hear. ended up and tranny shop code reader said it was speed sensor . bought new one still did the same thing. tranny guy suggested buying new ecm so i guess thats next. fluid in pan want real dark and didnt stink, no metal in pan. brakes are kicking me back when truck wont shift and speedometer is bouncing like crazy or not working at all

4. Hdmtrgrl

Hdmtrgrl New Member

im also going through gas like crazy, literally can watch the guage going down as soon as i put fuel in and start driving

5. -Cuba-

-Cuba- GMFS Member

I doubt you have issues with the ECM all of a sudden. The fact you have issues with the speedo seems to point to tranny and its sensors. When you went to the trans shop, did you write down the code? It's possible you replaced the wrong sensor? Most trannys have 2 speed sensors, an input & an output. I just can't remember what the setup looks like in a 94. The speed sensors have so much to do with the way this trans shifts, which should be the 4L60E.

Another possibility is a bad ground. I would check all the ground straps on both ends. Make sure they're clean & tight. Unbolt and clean with a wire brush, make the contacts shiny or remove any rust & scale, then rebolt. There's 1 particular ground strap at the rear of the engine which is 1 of the main grounds for the trans as well. It's an uninsulated, braided wire. I'm trying to be as descriptive as possible.

Don't fall for replacing parts like ECM without proof. These are some of the most expensive parts on the vehicle & jerkoff mechanics try to sell the most expensive easy repair for the cash. Just saying. It doesn't sound like anything major with the trans either, BTW.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  6. Hdmtrgrl

Hdmtrgrl New Member

thank you!

thats why i turn to these forums. i just dont trust anyone enough to let just anyone work on my truck and if you educate yourself enough most of the time you can figure it out! i will check the above and go from there. i cant remember the code he just said it was a speed sensor and had me go buy it and yes its the 4l60e i also reset the computer by unplugging because thats what he told me to try

7. -Cuba-

-Cuba- GMFS Member

Another thing that came to mind, check the main connector for the transmission too. Make sure there's no water or oil in there.

You should also check the transmission wire harness. Look for chafing, look for rubbing on the frame or engine. Just trying to cover all simple bases. It's usually the simple things that cause the most trouble. ;)

8. Hdmtrgrl

Hdmtrgrl New Member

Actually replaced braided ground on tranny checked all connections tried 3 dif ecms, checked throttle position sensor w code reader it was good . Still doing same shit and battery lght keeps coming on . I totally think it's something that is loose just don't know what to do sooo frustrating

9. -Cuba-

-Cuba- GMFS Member

Yeah, I know it has nothing to do with your ECM... you mention your battery light comes on? Is this while it's running?

10. -Cuba-

-Cuba- GMFS Member

I don't recall you ever mentioning that before. The battery light being on while running makes a difference. I was trying to edit the last post but my phone is or forum is not working with me.

Do you know how to use a volt meter? Have you gone through all your fuses using the voltmeter on Ohms? If you have time tmrw, we can try to go through things together. LMK what time is best.

11. KrazyK-nampa

KrazyK-nampa New Member

Check tps

12. KrazyK-nampa

KrazyK-nampa New Member

Sorry thread just updated didnt see she said she had sleady checked tps. Didnt mean to throw u off or send u backwards