96 silverado 6.0 4l80e swap with nbs gauges

Discussion in 'Under Construction' started by slick87rush, Oct 26, 2011.

1. slick87rush

slick87rush New Member

Well have been working on the truck for a few months now and have made quite a bit of progress. i rebuilt the motor so it is fresh... modified the 2001 harness myself lt1swap was a great source of information. Bought hp tuners and tuned out everything so the pcm could run standalone with the modified harness and fuse box. have everything wired in a running as of today. next set of off days i will be mounting the overhead dome lights and the temp/compass mirror, after that i will be finishing my exhaust with the help of my good friend.... then i will be putting the body back together and get her ready for paint. hope you guys enjoy the pics! they are backwards...lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hf6R3yHnQpg
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. classic o7

classic o7 GMFS Member

thats badass! Diggin' the gauges in the obs..

3. 73impala

73impala GMFS Senior Member

wow good work

4. matts_sierra

matts_sierra GMFS Senior Member

How technical was the gauge swap? I want to do an ls swap and wanna run a nbs cluster in my 90 obs. Just wondering what all is needed and what not

5. slick87rush

slick87rush New Member

With the lsx swap it is almost plug and play. the hardest part was running all the wire to the cluster itself along with making it fit inside the dash. All of the gauge are functional except the fuel gauge because i kept the 96 fuel pump. obs is 0-90ohm and the 2001 is 0-250ohm so we will see if i can get it to work... All in all once you get through the mountain of wiring you have to do its a cake walk. 4l80e fits like a glove by the way. I'm on one inch setback adapter plates and i had to cut the drive-shaft 26inches center to center if the u joint and it fits perfect as well! If you want to know specifically how i did something just ask ill be happy to explain. I like to share my knowledge with other car guys like myself. Btw this is my first fuel injected lsx motor, and it has worked flawlessly "knock on wood lol" I have done carbs up until now!

6. Beast96

Beast96 New Member

Any luck getting the fuel gauge to work