!! Another Stupid Esky Handle Post !!

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by DWright, Jun 29, 2005.

Sponsored By: Tonneau Factory Outlet
  1. DWright

DWright GMFS Member

Well I've searched through every single post on here, cant seem to find p/n's for onyx black escalade handles that DO NOT have the keyhole on the pass side. I don't mind having one on the drivers side, but im looking for the p/n for 04+ escalade handles, front pair only. So in short I just want the keyhole on the drivers side, without having to use the rear handles, since ive heard some of the holes dont match up. I just wish we could get a post with all p/n's for handles for 99-03 and 04+ so incase people want the keyhole or not. Thanks in advance

15745149 Front LH
    15745148 Front RH
    15745141 Rear LH
    15745140 Rear RH

I have these already, which are NOT the 04+, since both the drivers side and pass side have keyholes for the front set.

15182419, this number was thrown at me? But GMPD doesnt have a pic and the price is a little lower than the other esky handles. Anyone know if this could be the one?

2. slimm44

slimm44 I will NOT cowboy up!

reading these right off of my set of black esky handles with no passenger hole:
    drivers side w/ hole: 15029901
    passenger w/o hole: 15029900

3. DWright

DWright GMFS Member

You are my savior :) :worship:

4. DWright

DWright GMFS Member

Weird thing is, GMPD only recognizes the second p/n and its description is "outside handle" and its $22.34 hmm_ wish it would recognize the first p/n. where did you order yours from slimm? and how much was it?

5. shoten

shoten ...online all day at work

I bought escalade handles from GMPD. I had to use the rear right handle for the "no key hole front passenger". The p/n i used is 15745140 and it does show up on GMPD. I'm sure there's other p/n for the same handles, but those are the ones I used. I had to do some simple swapping out of 1 part from the old handle to the escalade handle to make it work. I can post pics later when I get off work if you like. Or I can just pm you the pics. Let me know if your interested. Good luck! :cheers:

6. slimm44

i noticed that on GMPD before i posted. not sure why its like that. i got mine off ebay.

7. DWright

DWright GMFS Member

So slimm, did the bolts line up on everything? If so, I'll just head over to FSC (Mark) or parts zone online, and give them the p/n's and order them. I just need to be 100% sure the bolts will atleast line up on both sides. Have you not installed them yet?

8. slimm44

i haven't installed them yet. i'm in the process of moving cross country so i haven't had the time to disassemble all 4 of my doors.

9. Claye

Claye GMFS Senior Member

Since so many people have this problem, including myself, I'll go ahead and sticky this in the exterior section, until we can update the part numbers in the Tech section.

10. Homer J

Homer J patio furniture breaker

anybody got a part number for the dark blue metallic painted handles, with passenger side keyhole?

11. Claye

Claye GMFS Senior Member

Yeah same here!

12. JoeR

JoeR GMFS Senior Member

i need them too but i would rather have escalade handles than painted

13. Homer J

yeah, but i'm not big on chrome. i want to get rid of all the chrome on my truck, what litttle there is. i used to have a S-10 Xtreme and it had no chrome, all color matched front end. i love the way that looks. all i gotta do is sand my grill, bumper cap, valance, paint it, and figure out how to paint my chrome bumper, and it will be prefect. oh, and a rollpan.

14. shoten

:read: Ok! Here are some part numbers straight from GMPD. I'm still looking for the escalade pieces, but here are some color matched part numbers that can be added to the tech section. 2005 models DO NOT have keyhole on the front passenger door. Only the front driver door has a keyhole.

Color Matched from 2005 gmc Yukons (should also fit sierra/silverado,etc.)

Carbon Metallic

1GKEC13T55R123969 (VIN used to get part numbers)

15093821 driver front outside gray door handle.
    15182415 passenger front door outside gray door handle. (05 has NO KEYHOLE)
    15093807 driver rear outside gray door handle.
    15093806 passenger rearoutside gray door handle.

BLACK

1GKEC13T35R210558 (VIN used to get part numbers)

15150735 driver front outside black door handle.
    15182417 passenger front outside black door handle.(05 has NO KEYHOLE)
    15150759 driver rear outside black door handle.
    15150760 passenger rear outside black door handle.

Hope this helps someone out! :head:

15. Claye

Claye GMFS Senior Member

Thanks for the work! So the Tahoe/Yukon rear door handles will fit the Crew Cab's right? Just makin sure before I order. :crazy:

16. Homer J

well, shit. i guess i'll have to have mine sanded and painted because my 2005 Silverado has a passenger side keyhole.

17. shoten

Not positive, but I'd be 95% sure that they do. All the older handles from escalades/yukons seem to be interchangeable w/ same year and newer sierra/silverado models. Hopefully someone else whos done this on a crew cab will chime in? And these are parts from an '05 so I assume they will fit 04+ like a glove since it doesn't look like there's been any design changes with the '05 yukons.

I'm sure there's always exceptions to everything, but literally every single color matched vehicle I saw at 2 local dealerships had no keyhole on the front passenger door. If you have the keyhole on the front passenger door, you can simply order the pre 04 handles because from what I've seen, those all have the keyhole on both front doors (for color matched/escalade handles).

If you guys see a car that has what you're lookin for, just jot down the VIN number and send a e-mail to [email protected] and let them know what you need. I've sent 2 email inquiries for parts and both times they got back to me within 24 hours! :shake: Only thing that sucks is that after you order your parts it takes a few weeks before you receive anything, but worth the service/price :imo

18. DWright

DWright GMFS Member

I just ordered some black esky handles, drivers keyhole and pass w/o a keyhole. Hopefully the p/n's worked but I'll wait to get them in, so I know for a fact they work. Hopefully we can start building that database of part numbers for color matched/escalade handles_

19. Homer J

i thought about that, but the dark blue metallic is a new color on the silverado's for 2005. i knew i should have gotten a different color, but this thing looks really nice and washed and shined up.

would it be cheaper to order some say black painted handles and just have them re-painted, or sand the texture off of mine and have them painted?

20. Claye

Claye GMFS Senior Member

It'll be easier to order the black ones. I have the same color as you and that's what I'm going to do.