ARE Shell

Discussion in 'Member Evaluations' started by Dave Buckley, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Dave Buckley

Dave Buckley New Member

Bought new truck mid-December and ordered an ARE shell for it a couple of days later. Thursday, shell is here and took vehicle in for install. In looking at shell noticed brake light seemed off. Measured and appeared 3/32-1/8" canted (left lower than right). Dealer says to me he has never had anyone bring something like that up. I was really upset but he said let's put it on, since it could be rear window distorting view.

After install light is still off. He checked his new black GMC and look like his is off also. Mine is white so I notice it more. It really bothers me but really don't want to wait another 1.5 months and then same issue not to mention not sure of this qualifies for manufacturer defect and dealer penalty for special order items. Dealer talked rep into $100 discount, I view this as an insult. Dealer is not harassing me and waiting on my decision before collecting final 1/3 of payment. It is not something that can be repaired and some might consider it minor. This issue is obviously with the blocking on the mold. I can't believe these ARE idiots can get something like correct when creating the molds.

P1020200.JPG

I'm interested in other views.

Thanks

2. WillyPaul

WillyPaul GMFS Member

Ahh the struggle of realizing you're super OCD. Little shit like that drives me crazy too but honestly 99.9% of the worlds would never notice that.

3. Heckwine

Heckwine GMFS Member

I've been installing ARE caps for the past few months and let me tell you, if that's the only issue you've found, consider yourself lucky. I swear their quality control unit is ran by blind employees. Every unit we have delivered either has crooked windows, saggy trim, tons of shit in the paint, and sometimes even hand prints in the clear coat. Also, 1.5 month wait?? We get our units in under half that... Anyways, I've never noticed the crooked brake lights but I'll check soon and see if it's that common of an issue

4. benz88

benz88 GMFS Member

Thats actually an easy fix for a bodyshop. Little cutting and fiberglass followed by bodywork/paint.