Bed removal

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by 2007NNBS, Dec 29, 2016.

1. 2007NNBS

2007NNBS NNBS Owner/FireFighter

All the information I have read says 8 bolts the taillight wires and filler hose and neck is what I need to remove to take the bed off my NNBS Silverado. Anyone have some other info. I am putting drop shackles on it and also have the P0446 code which is the evap code. It will be easier for me to remove the bed and do it all at the same time I think. Any input will be appreciated.

2. jonmx477

jonmx477 GMFS Member

The bed is a little heavy. I had 5 people to get the bed off my NBS. what I would do if I did it again is pull the rear tires off and put the truck on jack stands as low as you can. That was the only pain in the butt part was getting the bed over the tires. But I have 37's...lol so there's that.

3. benz88

benz88 GMFS Member

I used an electric chain hoist to pull mine off. Worked like a breeze. Id say 3-4 guys should be able to easy

4. John Clark

John Clark GMFS Member

It helps to remove the tailgate. That usually makes it light enough for a few guys to manage. If you have a spray in liner that makes it heavier too.

5. Capt-Kirk

Capt-Kirk New Member

Yes 8 boltsys and a cherry picker
    My 2012 was light enough for 2 men and a wife but cherry picker made it too easy

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk