Colormatch Request

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Heckwine, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Heckwine

Heckwine GMFS Member

I'm debating on whether or not to CM my flares and upper bumper shell to my blue. Any help or pictures of someone who has done something similar would be appreciated!

Pics:

26DC49CF-45E0-48CB-B1E5-57DA2772EE9A_zps4ceau6a2.jpg

7D578547-26C0-42F8-B47C-FAF416EC6558_zpsngfyy1fr.jpg

91F11B7C-2D12-4288-AEEB-121FC8D62E81_zpsvca2wcsd.jpg

2. BigBlue02HD

BigBlue02HD TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS

That's what I plan to do with mine...... someday.

Someone photoshopped this last year. Got carried away with all the blue IMO.

[​IMG]

3. Heckwine

Heckwine GMFS Member

Yeah, the mirrors and lower valance are just a little too much. I'm sure it would look right at home with some bigger chrome wheels and lower profile tires though... I am just worried that there will be a little too much blue up front with the grille and center bar. It's either cm, repaint black, or buy new plastic because the current stuff is faded and beat after 14 years....

4. BigBlue02HD

BigBlue02HD TEAM FUEL MOTORSPORTS

Right!

With mine..... The plan is CM'd grille surround, upper bumper cap, and the flares w/stainless rivets. Chrome center horizontal grille bar. Billet grille. Keep my blue handles but maybe add esky pulls. Then keep the lower valance, N-Fab steps, bed rails, and toolbox (when I have it in) black.

My upper bumper cap and lower valance have been painted with Krylon Fusion. I've done them a couple times now to keep them "fresh" looking. They match the Bushwackers finish nicely.

I feel I have a decent "balance" of blue n' black currently...... So that's why I haven't gone to fully CM'd yet.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  5. Heckwine

Heckwine GMFS Member

Exactly. I feel the blue/black contrast I have going now is perfect, but all the black plastic needs "refreshed" and nothing I've tried will do it. If I were to paint my flares and upper/lower bumper plastics black, I feel like I'd also have to paint the mirrors and rear bumper plastics the same just so it's all the same shade. That's why I'm kind of curious about how it would look if the flares and bumper cap were blue, because then I wouldn't have to paint every bit of plastic black.

6. slicksierra

slicksierra GM Plow Truck Owner

Contrast is better than all colormatched in my opinion. Altho some things should be color matched like handles and mirror caps.

live from the gutter trash.