Important Coop's iPod/aux input How-To for 03+ XM Capable Trucks

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by xlcooplx, Jul 7, 2011.

Sponsored By: EMF Car Audio
  1. imout

imout Formely SSierra08

Does this work on a bose headunit

galaxy s3

2. kevlar71

kevlar71 New Member

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I don't have to be subscribed to xm radio for this to work do I?

3. casz71

casz71 GMFS Member

Negative

4. handirifle

handirifle New Member

OK new guy here, first post, and I'm bringing an old post up from the dead. I did a Google search and came up with this thread, loved it so I tried it. No luck.

Here's what I did.

First off my truck is a 2500HD CC Duramax, and it has factory single disk CD player, Bose sound, and XM and Onstar.

Anyway, according to what I THOUGHT were the instructions, I connected up to the orange and green wires (for left and right) and the bottom black/white wire for common.

I used this pic as a guide.

[​IMG]

Didn't even come close to working.

So after repeated failed attempts, I tried to pull the radio. It comes out about 4" since the antennae cable is incredibly short, or caught on something under the dash. So I pulled the plug on the pass side back of the radio, and tried to splice in there. Got right side working, but for the life of me cannot get left. NONE of the wires into the back of the radio, match the colors of the ones at the XM unit.

Finally out of frustration I pulled it all back out. Can someone coach a newby here?

My wiring is starting to look like a bandaid factory. I have heat shrinked tubing till I am blue in the face.

5. casz71

casz71 GMFS Member

It took me a couple of times to get it right too but iirc i went to the green and brown wire with the left and right channel then the top ground post to the black/white. Also I used a radioshack Jack and soldered it and mine didn't melt and sounds good.

6. handirifle

handirifle New Member

I finally got mine working, by going back to the radio. I used the brown wire for left and the GREEN wire was my right. I tried everything else I could and even now, the right channel is slightly weaker. No idea why. It's not that way on XM or FM.

It works and I will live with it. Everyone else takes 15 min to do, I must have spent 6hrs on mine and it's OK.

Seems all my elec upgrades to my truck are going this way.

7. Swab

Swab cunts

Ok, so i just attempted this and it is shutting the radio off. Bottom corner black/white for ground, orange and green wires for right/left channel. Sounds dumb, but are the channels specific for the plug? Never thought of that.

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

8. handirifle

handirifle New Member

When I did mine down there, it would kick the XM off line and go back to either AM or FM band on it's own. Totally odd.

Sadly, welcome to my world, at least now I know I'm not crazy. There's a mod on the Duramax forum for an easy way to activate the turbo braking ('06 6.6L Duramax) and guess who's does NOT work? Story of my life with this truck.

9. Swab

Swab cunts

Any other input?

Sent from the land of teepee's and buffaloes

10. easybake

easybake New Member

Anyone have any information on the "AWRG3048" message that appears when I flip to the XM?

11. wellsheit

wellsheit New Member

Sorry to continue resurrecting this thread. Just some clarifications.

If you use this method and tap into the XM module circuit, as soon as you unplug from your 3.5mm jack, the XM will still work normally? one of the posts suggested it would not work normally while you were plugged into the aux jack.

Also, has anyone found an easy way to eliminate noise while charging? One of the posts suggested alternator noise coming in through the charger? or is that just on iPod devices? I'll be running android if I can find a relatively easy way to do this.

Thanks.

12. mmrkustoms

mmrkustoms Friendly Funeral Director

Mine works fine if u have any back ground sound from the xm just it in xm channel 0 and there is no sound in that channel. The changing sound sucks big time

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

13. racer37

racer37 GMFS Member

I've been running this set up for a while now using an MP3 player but I recently started running a XM Satellite Radio player through it. The problem I'm having is I'm now getting the whine noise (charging noise?) when using it. It is powered by the 12v outlet. Is there anyway to get rid of this?

Sent from my SM-N920R6 using Tapatalk

14. racer37

racer37 GMFS Member