Important de-armor-alling an interior

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by Tim W, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Tim W

Tim W Timbrage: Engage

just picked up a vehicle from a used car lot and they must have used 5 gallons of armor all on the interior, its disgusting. Are there any products I can use to de-fuck everything inside or just like simple green cut with water then re-dress the interior?

2. ILuvJDM

ILuvJDM GMFS Senior Member

I would use an APC like adams, maybe no simple green because I hate the smell personally. Then go over it with a real interior detailer and you should be good. I just had to do this to my new red truck. It wasn't greasy or shiney, but you could tell he used it every now and then

barrrf likes this.
  3. kids-at-711

kids-at-711 Sexually identifies as a shopping cart.

I used my SCG APC on womans friends car, it took it off and got rid of the oily feel.

EDIT: I used a 1:1 mixture, sprayed it directly on the surface, then wiped it off. Some spots had to be done 2/3 times but the majority only took once.

4. Craigws14

Craigws14 GMFS Member

I would use any amonia based cleaner. Or just amonia and water. It will take off just about any chemicle, without damaging the surface. Rubber seal sells a great one

5. KennyR

KennyR professional grade

Just watch the your ratios if you use an APC, it could stain the plastic. Try in inconspicuous area first.

6. Tim W

Tim W Timbrage: Engage

7. WillyPaul

WillyPaul GMFS Member

Mix up some Dawn dish soap with water in a spray bottle. Mist on and wipe off with a towel. I wouldn't waste money on some specialty cleaning product. I use a quality car wash soap and quality wax/polishes everything else I clean with is stuff you can probably find in your pantry lol.

8. carkhz316

carkhz316 GMFS Member

2nd this. My '12 was all armor-all slicked when I got it. First week home I took hot soapy water with Dawn dish soap and scrubbed all hard surfaces with it. Worked great.