Eagle eyes NBS denali headlights for retro fit - Help

Discussion in 'Lighting & Illumination' started by Chevrolet25, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Chevrolet25

Chevrolet25 New Member

ok so ive been following this retro fit for the denali headlight with the morimoto projectors for some time now and i was always skeptical on the precess as it was frequently described as ( EASY ) but i said F*** it and i ordered everything to give it try. Well sure enough my assumption was correct. The eagle eyes headlight that i bought from 1a auto are glued together, as with this OEMs they use a rubber seal that just pops off. This glue that they used Taiwan is some serious shit! I mean its good if your just buying the lights to leave them as it because they are not coming apart! but for me it has been kicking my ass! Has anyone done this before with the 1a auto denali lights ? And if so how the hell did you get them apart !? you can see the glue all over and ive tried heating the crap out of them and still nothing....all im doing is breaking the very expensive headlights...

2. Machingeaneer

Machingeaneer GMFS Member

Bake them in the oven for a half hour on 150-200, should soften the glue up. Someone who has done this should chime in with exact temp and time, I take no responsibility should I be incorrect and you turn your headlights into a puddle.

3. cbrsilv15

cbrsilv15 GMFS Member

Def don't do that!! Lol. If it's permaseal it's usually 15-20 mins at *230.

Machingeaneer likes this.
  4. Machingeaneer

Machingeaneer GMFS Member

I knew it was around there but couldn't remember exactly.

5. 72blckbuty

72blckbuty Classic & NNBS Owner

Any updates on this?