Fuel gauge/trans temp/HVAC controlls OUT!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by aReJaY, Jan 9, 2017.

1. aReJaY

aReJaY GMFS Member

Haven’t posted in a while, good to be back and hoping someone might have some insight to my issue. I’m going to try and keep this as short as possible...

**2002 Silverado 2500 HD (gas) 2WD

Had aftermarket remote start/alarm installed 6 years ago. All was well up until a year ago when the fuel pump went out. Replaced fuel pump and truck ran fine for the next year.

-Recently the truck would not start, engine would turn over, everything seemed in order other than the truck wouldn’t fire.

-Did some research and found that the factory security system could be malfunctioning and kicking in which would shut the fuel off to the truck.

-Took the truck to the dealership and they informed me that it was the fuel pump and not the ignition/factory security (they also said that they “bypassed the factory security to eliminate this as the potential cause”). Paid them to replace the fuel pump. Truck started fine and I drove off the lot.

-On the way home I noticed that the trans and engine temp gauges did not work, the fuel gauge did not work, the battery light remains lit. All HVAC controls are inoperable. Gear indicator illumination is out.

-Called the dealership and they said that due to the truck not starting when it was towed in, they could not verify that these things were in working order when dropped off, and they would not take responsibility. I am 100% positive all of these things were in working order when it was towed to the dealership.

I know I can go down there, raise hell and probably get them to address the issue, but taking this to upper management and having to deal with all that shit seems like a headache and I would like to avoid that if at all possible. If there is a simple fix to this I figured I would give it a shot and see what you guys thought. All fuses are good and truck runs/shifts without issue. I plugged in my OBD reader and it doesn’t recognize anything, it acts as if it’s not even plugged in. I verified the reader works by hooking it up to another vehicle. The only problems are the things mentioned above.

Thanks in advance for any help!