GM Code reader that does ABS codes

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Greg_P, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Greg_P

Greg_P New Member

I have a 2001 Silverado 2500 HD that has an ABS warning light on. My current pc based code reader does not do ABS codes. Anyone used either a PC based or hand held scanner that reads GM ABS codes? I have been looking at getting a Innova 3160G mainly because it can store live data besides being able to do ABS codes. Anyone have experience Innova products in general or this model specifically?

2. KrazyK-nampa

KrazyK-nampa New Member

Depends on what you plan on using it for. I have an Innova 3130c its ok does live data and abs. But not bidirectional if all you want to do is look up(& erase) codes and see live data its good but if you want to call fans on etc.. Its not what you will want

3. Greg_P

Greg_P New Member

Thanks for the information. I believe that I may have been wishful thinking about my ability to code what it would take to really use the bidirectional communication. I might be better off with the 3130 and save my money.

4. Greg_P

Greg_P New Member

Well here is some intersting information from Innova tech support. I was all set to purchase the 3100J when I saw that I can get the 3130C for just a few bucks more. I called them and they asked what my GVW is on my truck and mine is the HD version with a 9200 GVW. They said that none of their DIY readers can read from any truck over 8800 GVW. It is a limit in their devices not the vehicles. Oh well

5. KrazyK-nampa

KrazyK-nampa New Member

I have problems with it linking to certain vehicles its kinda picky. Im not too thrilled with it

6. brianelton

brianelton New Member

I've been happy with the "Wifi VXDIAG VCX NANO for GM/Opel Multiple GDS2 and TIS2WEB Diagnostic" that I bought for $112 on eBay.
    I started out with a Tech2 clone, but then decided to give this a try b/c its cheaper.
    It is just like having a Tech2.
    I bought it to change the tire pressure threshold on my truck, b/c none of the local dealers would do it.