Help mid 90's 454 rebulid

Discussion in 'Classic GM' started by Paul wajauski, Oct 13, 2016.

1. Paul wajauski

Paul wajauski New Member

I work for a small local city, had a employee run a truck bad hot melted some wires plug wires was like dust they just crumbled. Anyway my supervisor had me pull engine dissasemble. The he sent off for machine work they bored it slighty not sure how much I was not informed, my supervisor assembles it, takes off the next week then has me install it. I had to put exhaust manifold on that was it, intake and heads everything else he assembled. I had carb distributer ps pump water pump to install. So im pouring antifreeze in it today after 6 gallons I noticed water pouring out between head and intake front of block drivers side. Pulled oil plug gallon or so water pours out. Now I did have to remove a few intake bolts and reinstall with the ones that had studs to put brakets on and such. Now Im usually do small engines/hydro work, I assume the gasket is bad not assembled right causing leak and water drain to pan? I need some advice im sure intake gotta come back off. I will probbly get the blame since I removed some bolts and reinstalled right ones. Truck is a 90 model, engine is mid to late 454 that was installed. Later. Its carbed now was injected but we took all that off.

2. Paul wajauski

Paul wajauski New Member

Engin

3. Paul wajauski

Paul wajauski New Member

Engine is a mid to late 90s put in later