How to Install an Alarm/Keyless/Remote Start & Locks in a 99-07

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Forklift, Dec 18, 2007.

Sponsored By: EMF Car Audio
  1. burninruber60

burninruber60 GMFS Member

hello. I have a 06 rclb wt with power locks and windows but i dont have the keyless entry and would like to hook up a remote starter with keyless entry. I have read all the pages and i am still a little lost. I am leaning towards the Avital 4103lxl, and from what i have read i would need the XK01. Is there anything else i would need like bypasses or relays for this to integrate.

thanks in advance!

2. Forklift

Forklift Wanna B Jack o all Trades

Re: How to Install an Alarm in a 99-07

you could have a pair of relays control the locks and be done with it

3. Forklift

XK01 will work, but they are getting hard to come by, a FLCAN will work as well and if you get one of the newer ones for the 4103 (black box all black remotes) you can eliminate a lot of wires going D2D between the two

4. burninruber60

Well according to sonicelectronics they have the xk01's in stock. The part I'm getting confused with is does the xk01 also do the key bypass?

5. Forklift

yes it does and locks and window roll up if youd like

6. burninruber60

Alright thank you! Would I have to use relays to integrate into the factory door lock poppers?

7. spanky

spanky GMFS Senior Member

I used a Fortin bypass when I did mine. IIRC there was like one or two wires to hook up at the obd2 port and then it plugged right into the remote start module.

I was having some problems because the shop that sold it to me didnt flash it with the right info so when I went back to the shop they sold me an XK01 and that needed a lot more wire hookups. But luckily after calling Fortin they told me about the flash so I went back for the upgrade and it has worked very well since then.

As for relays it depends on the remote start system that you get. Most have (-) trigger door locks but our trucks are (+) trigger iirc.

8. burninruber60

Alright so im getting my taxes back this week and im finally gunna get a remote start with keyless entry. so here is what im planing on getting but just wanted to make sure that will all work good with no extra items like relays needed. also i noticed that the python is capable of rolling the windows up and was wondering if anything is need for that to work? thank you for your time!

9. HackMcMASTER

HackMcMASTER the internet BADASS

So if I have my dome light set to not come on with the doors, will the alarm still go off if a door is opened?

Sent from a secure terminal using the HD classified network

10. spanky

spanky GMFS Senior Member

I dont think it will. There is another wire you can tap for the doors i believe. Probe around to see which wire gets 12v or grounds at the headlight switch when the door opens. Was a purple wire on our 99 tahoe iirc.

11. HackMcMASTER

alright i think i figured out how to get the door
    has anyone ever hooked up a 507T or a 506M?
    those are the glass break sensors and the tilt sensors
    the glass break seams to plug in line with the shock sensor but im not sure if i should plug into the sensor one or sensor two port, also should i just hook the tilt sensor up with the battery back up immediate alarm, im planning on laying everything out on the bench before i actually get started just trying to make sure i do it right the first time

12. Forklift

ok, heres the little secret on the glass mic box. Yes it will plug in, but it will never work right like that! You have to cut the black wire off of it at the brain and run it to a ground.
    The tilt sensor just needs the red to constant (even off the other side of the glass mic harness), blue to an instant trigger - input, like the blue wire on the alarm brain, and orange to orange and make sure that its about as flat as possible when you mount it

13. HackMcMASTER

So I think what ur saying is the ground coming out of the alarm brain feeding into the shock sensor, is a armed ground which is y it won't work on the glass break, cause it needs constant, but the tilt needs armed power so I propose this, cut the orange wire from the tilt sensor and the black wire from the audio, black wire from audio box goes to ground, orange wire from tilt box goes to the other side of black wire, tie the reds together, and then diode isolate the blue wires in?

14. Forklift

yes diode isolate them

15. HackMcMASTER

Chillin thanks amigo

Sent from a secure terminal using the classified military network

16. HackMcMASTER

im an idiot. couldnt find the bcm, got it now

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  17. HackMcMASTER

EDIT: Summary:
    cant get to menu to change from manual to automatic mode.
    car stays on but wont remote start when tryed manual techinque. PassLockIII?
    rear defogger?
    have a viper 5704, dei 1700G, 2005 CCSB LT
    5704 wiring: http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/forum_posts.asp?TID=130430&get=last
    1700G manual: 1700G

So I found the Bcm, oops
    But I can't get this thing to menu mode, I'm assuming remote start isn't working because it's in manual mode, but when I try to go to the menu it just puts it in valet
    I'm assuming my truck won't start because it's in manual mode and I pulled the neutral safety input, I have a 5704, I pulled out the black/white wire 24 pin connector h2/2 (-) neutral safety input, I also shitcanned the neutral switch, soldered and shrink wrapped the wires for it together so it thinks the switch is on, here's what happens, I push the remote start button and my remote says remote start error then I get a series of clicks from what I'm assuming is a relay. I taught the tach and programmed the bypass (1700g) the doors lock and unlock and the horn goes off if I open a door when it is armed, so my only thinking is that because I don't have that wire grounded and it thinks it's in manual mode it won't start, thoughts.
    I haven't hooked up the siren yet, doing that now to see if I can get in menu mode
    So I got the siren hooked up now,
    Still can't get in menu mode I open a door, press and hold command center and the siren never chirps, but when I let go it goes it to valet, and I can't get it out of valet now either
    SMh

More information, when I try and remote start the relay seems to b the parking lights which flash 7 times
    Which according the the instructions means manual transmission mode is enabled but not initialized, so any ideas how I can get to the menu?

Even more info, I did the manual remote start, the vehicle stayed running when I took the key out :)
    But when I tried to remote start the car lit up but didn't turn over at all, passlock3? It's a 2005 silvy ccsb, lt I think whatever the loaded one is.

defogger: so i hooked up H2/3 (-) 200mA 2nd Status Rear Defogger Output Blue/White from the 5704 to the Blue - (-) Remote Start Status Input on the 1700G, i would like to use the defogger function, so should i instead use the H2/9 (-) 200mA Status Output Dark Blue of the 5704, and hook the previous wire up to the defogger and where (the climate control or is there somewhere better? could this be why my remote start isnt working?

hopefully lastly: is there a better module i should get instead of the 1700G? wouldnt mind shitcanning all the wires between the 1700G and the 5704 and would be nice if i could do the window shit and anything else, looking it up the fortin EVO ALL or the Idatalink ADS-BLADE AL look they do most everything, curious does either do more than the other?

Bring on the flaming cause im an idiot/didnt read

Thanks for the help though

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  18. burninruber60

If you are going to get a different bypass i suggest the xk01. The way you might be able to wire the bypass and the remote start brain with the d2d connection.

When i installed my remote start system i too hard a hard time programing. Come to find out i accidently hooked up wires i didnt have to when using the d2d wire thus causing the brain the be confused. This made the truck not remote start but allowed the valet mode to work,and also didnt let the door looks worked. Oh one last thing hook up the ground when running wire last.

19. HackMcMASTER

So my xk01 just came in, going to try and slam it in tomorrow in place of my 1700g
    If I'm reading these instructions right
    http://www.xpresskit.com/DocumentDownload.aspx?documentid=7279&productid=320&firmwareid=232

I only "have"to hook up the violet wire in addition to the 4 pin d2d cable and I can shitcan the entire rest of the 1700g wiring right?

Additionally where is this brown accessory wire I hook up using the relay to roll up the windows
    And I need to change mode 5 to option 2 correct (see page 8 of instructions)

Any other programming I need to change or wires I'm forgetting?

20. torres1708

torres1708 GMFS Member

Where are the best places to get to the parking light wire so that when I lock and unlock, the lights will flash?