How to remove paint from road.

Discussion in 'AdamsPolishes.com' started by Sittinlow89, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Sittinlow89

Sittinlow89 GMFS Member

Well they were doing some road work here in Houston and I guess from what it looks like the paint from the stripes on the road got onto my tires and then slug it all on the side of my truck. Iv gotten it off my tires and tried to buff it with the correct and then finishing polish and nothing. Also tried a 3m eraser wheel and it kind of work but would take forever to get completely off. Just wondering if y'all recommend something becuz I have to order some more stuff from y'all so figured I could get it all in one order. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

2. Tiki

Tiki meow

3m adhesive remover

3. Csanders1992

Csanders1992 GMFS Member

I had this happen with my red nnbs but with yellow stripes lol. It was a pain in the ass but I finally got it all off by just scrubbing the shit of it when I washed. Mine was also only on there for less than a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Sittinlow89

Sittinlow89 GMFS Member

Yeah it's been on there prob a month iv been crazy busy at work and called txdot about it and they gave me the contractors number and iv yet to get ahold of them..

5. AdamsPolishes

AdamsPolishes Preferred Vendor

Hi there, sorry I missed this post!

With road paint, it's best to remove it as quickly as possible since it does have a very quick dry-time. It can be very difficult to remove. Once it hardens, something like goo gone or another strong degreaser with plastic razor blades is the method I've used in the past. It takes a lot of time and patience, and the plastic razor blades can still mar and scratch the paint, so I do a full machine polish and sealant/wax of the area afterward as well to get looking as good as possible.

6. Sittinlow89

Sittinlow89 GMFS Member

I started to use my eraser wheel again but wasn't working very well. So I just used the water hose and fingernail and it came off. Thanks for the reply

AdamsPolishes likes this.