How to wire up my HALO headlights?? NEED HELP

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by Southern Pride, Jun 14, 2005.

Sponsored By: EMF Car Audio
  1. Southern Pride

Southern Pride HAPPY NEW YEAR

I just got these (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=33710&item=7978181662&rd=1) halo headlights in the mail today for my 95 Z71. They bolt up perfectly, and the bulbs hook up good also. My only problem is that they have two sets of wire coming from each side of the halo_One pair of wires obviously lights up one side of the halo, and the other pair lights up the other side. On each side there is vac line holding one white and one red wire. The directions read:

- Connect the black line to the negative electrode of the park/signal/side marker lamp.
    - Connect the red line to the positive electrode of the park/signal/side marker lamp.

This is where it confuses me b/c there are only red and white lines? Has ANYONE ever done this before or does anyone have HALO lights? I also have pics for anyone that wants them..thanks

2. x6369x

x6369x eBay-aholic

Then red is probably positive and white is ground.

Are you gonna use a switch?
    Or wire them to the existing parking light circuit?
    Does it say how many amps they draw (cuz it might be too much for the parking light circuit to feed with out a relay)?

3. Southern Pride

Southern Pride HAPPY NEW YEAR

im not gonna use a switch bc they are suppose to work automatically when i turn on the headlights, and I believe wiring them to the existing parking light circuit is the only route, no it doesnt say how many amps they draw, where would it say how many amps, bc it doesnt say anything about it in the directions. When i wire them up to the parking lamps, all the lights come on correctly, even the brights. The only problem is the turn signal, it blinks way too fast and the halo blinks, which isnt supposed to happen.

4. Forklift

Forklift Wanna B Jack o all Trades

Id say ground the white out and run the red to the + of the headlights

5. twankydeuce

twankydeuce Team Black

That why I didnt wire mine myself. I had them wired to my parking lights so when I turn them on, the halos come on and they stay on when the headlights come on too.

6. manofsteel

manofsteel Rollin with Saget

alrite, i did this...

there should be two pairs of wires the red and white light up the 'halo' part around the high beam, the green and black i think it is light up the back light on the low beam. how i did it, was i wired each one to a seperate switch, with a fuse-able link thru the fuse box. the red and green wires are the positive switches, the black and white are grounds.

and whatever you do, do not cut the lead wires above the little black thing... its a resistor for the 'halo' part, without that, it will fry the second you put power to it... i know cause it happened to me.

if you need anymore help, lemme know, ive done it, its really easy.

7. DIRT

DIRT New Member

I have a similar problem as the guy above. I have a 1997 C1550 Chevy. I bought some Anzo Halo Headlights to replace my old stock ones. The harnesses plug in fine. But it says there should be two black wires. My new lights have a green wire and a black wire and the two red wires which are coming out of the little box that attaches to the firewall. How the heck do you wire these things? The instructions are not clear at all! Thanks anyone.

8. ibanender

ibanender www.emfcaraudio.com

Step 1, revive a 12 year old thread.