I need frame help for a 94 chevy c/k 1500 4x4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jim bean, Nov 2, 2017.

1. jim bean

jim bean New Member

I need frame help for a 94 chevy c/k 1500 4x4 i was wondering if anybody knew the correct name for the piece of sheet metal that supports the radiator and the headlights and its right behind the grill
    also the name for the frame to body mount the very first 1`s behind the bumper there are a left 1 and a right 1 also where the bumper attaches to the frame it is also rusted out can i purchase just the end to be welded , ive had this truck forever but if some body could direct my to the web site that sell this stuff and or send me in the right direction for a good used chevy 1994 pickup for the same price long bed 4x4

2. streetperf

streetperf New Member

I believe the sheet metal that supports the radiator is called the radiator support. The part of the frame you are referring to is called a frame horn. I believe your best bet would be to go to a wrecking yard, bring a saws all with you and cut one far enough back to get the correct length you need to eliminate the rusty section. I do not know if you can buy just a new frame horn.

3. kids-at-711

kids-at-711 Sexually identifies as a shopping cart.

Core support*

LMCtruck.com

4. benz88

benz88 GMFS Member

Core support or rad cradle part #15149285 discontinued