Installing a backup camera? Check here!

Discussion in 'Audio & Electronics' started by jonyb, Feb 2, 2009.

Sponsored By: EMF Car Audio
  1. raycer60

raycer60 Karting In Texas

Unfortunatly, I have been troubleshooting this install and have not gotten anywhere yet. I probably have a defective screen. It is wierd that it does not turn on everytime I power it. When powered first, it shows image. Unplug and plug back on and no image. Unplug, wait about 10 seconds, plug back and I get image.
    This means that if I am backing up and then have to move forward to then back up again, I have no video image the second time I set to reverse. That sucks! or I wait about 10 seconds before I switch to reverse so I can see an image...lol
    I will probably try another screen.

2. Slammedchevy01

Slammedchevy01 GMFS Senior Member

I wanna do this!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

3. 99K35004x4

99K35004x4 New Member

I installed mine for my wife and for those damn kids who think you can see them when your backing up. It was like 30 ft of video cable and back up wire to the stereo

4. Chase Gallo

Chase Gallo New Member

I have the exact same pioneer unit in my 2006 Denali. I was gonna do the back up cam with it. But I hate my head unit. It sucks. Nav doesn't work right while I'm driving and doesn't let me input addresses for destinations, none of the settings work, can't adjust the clock, and Bluetooth has to be reconnected every time I turn the car back on. Its so irritating having to reconnectbluetooth every time. Ended up buying a new clarion unit tonight that has all the features I want and a backup camera so that'll be getting installed soon by a professional installer. I hate messing with wires lol.

5. Slammedchevy01

Slammedchevy01 GMFS Senior Member

So with my pioneer x910, I have the brown camera RCA and the reverse wire. So if I use the reverse wire it will turn on when in reverse AND be viewable anytime I want to view with deck? Or is the anytime viewing controlled by finding a ignition power?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Tom Joad

Tom Joad GMFS Member

Chamonix Ski and Rock Climbing Resort, France
    Same question about NBS Tahoes.
    When my Hoe is back from the garage I'd like to end the 2DIN install I've sarted before it broke down.
    I'll have to use a Licence plate bracked with included camera. Where will I get inside of the body and where should I run the wire up to the dashboard?