GMC Truck Forum banner

My 03 ecsb build

54K views 450 replies 52 participants last post by  Chase_bachler 
#1 ·
First picture I took of the truck, the truck looked even different before this, it had a grill guard on it, super dirty and filthy and was in need of a big detail. I bought the truck from a family friend, $5500 with 139,000 miles. Super good deal

I already added tint, and de badged and de molded plus a small polish on the paint, looks alright but not good enough at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#74 ·
Next things are:
1.5 body lift
New exhaust
Intake
Bed caps
Bed liner(needs it bad)
Tonneau cover
Rear fender liners
Billet grill(maybe)
And more color matching and call it done for now

Sent from where the badasses are.

#75 ·
I'd put a tune on that list. The badge bothers me though. I was always a Subaru/import guy before I got my NBS and that Vortec Max badge is what we'd call "rice". It's like putting turbo badges on a non turbo car.

#79 ·
Yes chrome looks really good, so many people told me to do black wheels but black wheels are just too played out and I think they are very plain to me, you cant tell what a black wheel looks like from a far so you have to be close enough to see the design, chrome just stands out and looks great if you have a good looking set of wheels and the right amount of it imo

#80 ·
I guess it depends on your priorities. My truck will probably never look like much since I use it for work. I'm, by necessity, more concerned with the experience from the driver's seat than the experience from looking at it. Maybe if my mechanic ever decides to get rid of his '03 1500HD LT I'll build a nice NBS.

#82 ·
You live in a place where it's easier to keep a DD nice. Even well kept cars turn to shit around here if they're driven regularly. Between the bad roads, bad weather, and bad drivers, it's a losing battle.

#84 ·
I should take some pictures of the Range rover and Escalade that belong to one of my customers. I don't think there's an undamaged body panel between the two of them.

#85 ·
Holy fawk, looks tits for sure. I miss my new preds I had on my nnbs. I had 18x9's and they had a good amount of lip, these looks even better. Are these pvd I assume. Last time I called they weren't offering chrome plating.

#99 ·
Looks good man, I have 20x10 preds on my 2014. Didn't even know they made a predator 2 much less in 20x12s. Looks awesome!

#100 ·
@ogg read some of @Cornell 's threads. He owned a cc nbs duramax that is the grail of trucks (for me) and it was perfect, and his rcsb duramax is perfect as well. Both of them lived their lives in Minnesnowta being dd all year at excavation and construction sites.

It is possible to own a nice looking truck and keep it in great shape while working with it.

#116 ·
Thanks man, I love the look and stance of the 12's but I don't like how much stress they put on front end components, I much rather would've had the 10's in predators but it is what it is, and I don't rub at all lock to lock on level ground but when you're on a little hill or uneven ground I get a little rub but not bad at all.

#118 ·
It's been a while since I've done an update but got a couple things done a while back but never uploaded them on here so here we go!

Just a couple pics of it, replaced all the ball joints which was so fun but it raised the truck a full inch in the front and I've drove it for a whole week and it's all settle back in and it's staying there so that's cool haha.

Wired In some pods I had laying around for reverse lights and it's much better when backing up and they're pretty hidden.

Also got my new exhaust in, 3 inch all the back into a black widow race venom muffler then to a 3.5 inch tip and it sounds wicked and very very little drone, much better than the true dual flow masters.

And lastly I put a 30 inch light bar in the grill I had from my previous truck and threw it In and it's awesome at nighy

And I have a cold air intake on the way and a billet grill to hide the light bar some and I'll upload some pics of that too when they get here[emoji1303].

#123 ·
It's been a while since I've done an update but got a couple things done a while back but never uploaded them on here so here we go!

Just a couple pics of it, replaced all the ball joints which was so fun but it raised the truck a full inch in the front and I've drove it for a whole week and it's all settle back in and it's staying there so that's cool haha.

Wired In some pods I had laying around for reverse lights and it's much better when backing up and they're pretty hidden.

Also got my new exhaust in, 3 inch all the back into a black widow race venom muffler then to a 3.5 inch tip and it sounds wicked and very very little drone, much better than the true dual flow masters.

And lastly I put a 30 inch light bar in the grill I had from my previous truck and threw it In and it's awesome at nighy

And I have a cold air intake on the way and a billet grill to hide the light bar some and I'll upload some pics of that too when they get here[emoji1303].

Firebird in the 2nd pic?? Also, Im jealous of how clean that undercarriage is with no rust!! I live in the wrong state!

Reactions: swampfoxjr
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.