My Truck Through Its Stages

Discussion in 'Member Trucks' started by GREENSIERRA, Mar 16, 2013.

1. HackMcMASTER

HackMcMASTER Big Louie

And big CG

2. fix-it man

fix-it man GMC Owner

Why not buy a wide tire thats a little more street friendly instead? I can't imagine trying to race on any tire interco makes

3. GREENSIERRA

GREENSIERRA GMFS Member

Thanks for the input so far guys.
    If it doesn't get lowered this winter it's just a matter of time until it does.
    All the cars out here are getting faster and most of them run drag radials so I have to do something.
    The motor makes power but this setup just doesn't show it.
    My plan was to run a 36" slick out back but I can't run that all the time because they are not dot and they will stick out.
    I have thought about stepping down to a 33" all terrain but then I would have to take the body lift out and regear and still not sure if I will hook well enough to compete.
    In my race video I posted that is really as easy as I can come out of the hole and I still got hammered put of the hole even tho I was sleeping at the light. Not being able to go wot till second is not gonna win me races against these guys even when I do start spraying.
    On a side note I took the family to a birthday party yesterday across the city so we took the truck and we came up on Dakota with a 360 in it so I wanted to toy with him abit and when I got into it it started leaning out and sputtering again just like last weekend. Even with the truck doing that the guy wanted no part of me.
    Lol
    So I just finished swapping some new o2 sensors in and recalibrating my wideband and I will see if that helps.
    I have been running alot of race gas lately so that might have messed up the o2 sensors.
    I am going to put some fresh plugs in this morning aswell. I have been putting fresh plugs in every weekend for most of the summer just to keep it running good while i have been tuning.
    Hopefully this all helps the problem because I am wanting to test the nitrous this afternoon so wish me luck.
    Keep the feedback coming because I take all of your guys input into consideration when making changes.
    I do know I will be swapping my nitrous plate and upper plenum this winter to a larger size and either go with a 102mm or 105mm throttle body to get all the air in as I can.

4. HackMcMASTER

HackMcMASTER Big Louie

I believe the higher CG is helping with weight transfer.
    Some loose front shocks would also help.
    I think drag radials would be enough for you, you shouldn't "need" slicks.
    If you go drag radials though id say you'd have to lower it. Would look pewp tall with smoothies imo.
    If you lower it though I would go 4 link.
    Can you not go full throttle right now on motor or on the juice?

5. GREENSIERRA

GREENSIERRA GMFS Member

The truck weight transfers super hard the way it is now. It weight transfers so much that my back tires rub on the front of my rear flare because the diff is not completely centered.
    As far as drag radials right now I can't get anything tall enough in a drag radial so it would look really dumb and also would add more gear because it would be alot shorter. I have thought about going to a 32"x14 mt drag tire.
    From a roll I can go wot in first but still blow the tires off but it still pulls as I do that, from a dig it is a shit show.
    I haven't got to hit the nitrous yet this season but I think I would still spin hitting it in second but it would still pull while spinning.
    Spent a couple hours yesterday trying to fix why it's breaking up, I pulled the valve covers to make sure all the valve springs are fine, cleaned the Injectors, changed plugs, had 2 wires with cracks in them so changed those etc.. but it still does it.
    I am gonna drain all the gas, maybe it has water in it. Fuel pressure holds strong.
    I will look into it more when I have more time.

6. HackMcMASTER

HackMcMASTER Big Louie

How old are the injectors?

7. GREENSIERRA

GREENSIERRA GMFS Member

2 seasons
    If putting fresh gas in and trying a couple other things doesn't work I am gonna get mine cleaned and flowed professionally

8. darnie1987

darnie1987 GMFS Member

Well if my opinion matters... If you can afford it keep it... Its different and that's why I have my truck. Because im the only one around here to do it. Ive put maybe 2000 miles on my truck in 3 years should of sold everything a long time ago. Something that's always kept me at it is the fact that you built something and its different. Built not bought has always been my angle out it. The fact your hanging with modded cars its crazy in its self. But I understand the other angle. That's why I went from leveled to lowered. Although im the only turboed truck in town that I know of unless someone bought one from out of town.

9. HackMcMASTER

HackMcMASTER Big Louie

I think he's just talking about lowering it not getting rid of it