New Falken Wildpeak at3w 275/70

Discussion in 'Lifted Suspension & Offroad' started by Redbeard376, Apr 8, 2017.

Sponsored By: Tim's Suspension Online
  1. Gorlo77

Gorlo77 GMFS Member

Got these in a 305/65/18 for my NNBS. I'm awaiting powdercoat on my wheels while they sit at the tire shop. Will post lots of pics once all is back together.

2. ogg

ogg GMFS Member

I've been eyeing them too, but I'm not sure they'll sure they'll be an upgrade from the Hankooks. They look a bit better and they're a bit cheaper but those are secondary concerns. I'm more concerned with how they perform in winter weather where the Hankooks excel.

Eric91Z likes this.
  3. bobfig

bobfig GMFS Member

They do have the snowflake rating but im never going to have a chance to try them down here. With the lugs a little farther apart i think it would be fine on loose to medium snow.

4. AssWithaC

AssWithaC That New Guy.

This will be my next set of tires. Beautiful truck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

5. Redbeard376

Redbeard376 New Member

Get them, they are a great buy!

6. judsonlimited

judsonlimited GMFS Member

Seems falken has stepped things up a whole lot in the last few years. Had a set of falkens on my 07 Jetta and they were complete trash

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Redbeard376

Redbeard376 New Member

Ya I think they are too as far as off road tires, the first gen falken wildpeaks were great for about 10k miles

8. benz88

benz88 GMFS Member

I have 20k miles on mine and they look brand new. They also work great in snow and on ice

9. Gorlo77

Gorlo77 GMFS Member

Teaser...more to come[​IMG]

benz88 and Countryboy07 like this.
  10. Gorlo77

Gorlo77 GMFS Member

Finally got everything done. New satin black powdercoat and 305/65/18 Falken Wildpeak AT3/W. These tires are so much more meaty looking in person than just looking at pictures. They are 33.6" x12.0" on Falken's website. Haven't had them on long yet but so far the front mud flaps will need to come off, they rub. Very happy with how these look. Definitely big enough.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Countryboy07, Redbeard376 and benz88 like this.
  11. Redbeard376

Redbeard376 New Member

THATS looks good! About a half inch taller then my 275 70 on mine. Did you weigh them? Mine weighed a couple lbs less threw what the he website said.

What's the specs on your suspension? I'm surprised they don't run much, mine are so close

12. Gorlo77

Gorlo77 GMFS Member

Thank you! I wasn't able to weigh them. I hustled hard to get everything done on time today so didn't have much extra time. I just have a 2.5" front level, top and bottom spacer, nothing else. They looked huge when I picked them up, almost didn't fit in my wife's Edge lol. I couldn't believe how much more aggressive and meaty they look in person. The width of the 305 looks real tasty. If they perform as well as they look, I'll be thinking Falken for a lot more tires. I also like that not everybody and their mother is running them like trail grapplers and terra grapplers, nice to be a little different.

13. Redbeard376

Redbeard376 New Member

Ya it looks really good, the 305 is a perfect width! I just didn't want to drop my mpgs too much. They looks sweet tho. I agree online they look good and then in person you're like dam these are sweet! I think they have 18/32 of tread, they are deep lugs and apparently the sipes go all the way down so we won't sacrifice any handling as they wear down. I know every one has those tires or the toyos, I have only seen 2 other people run them in okc out of 1.3 million or so. Nice to be a little different

14. rawalters117

rawalters117 Roll Tide

Looks awesome buddy. I have those same tires and you are the first person Ive seen to get the 305s other than myself. They are the perfect size and you are right, in person they look beefy as hell. I have now done two fairly decent road trips in them, done alot of farm/field driving, and plenty of rainy condition driving as well, and they perform extremely well. And for their price point compared to BFG, Toyo, and Nitto, these are a no brainer. It is nice to be different. Ive only seen two other vehicles with these tires, and they were much smaller sizes than ours.

Like i said above, I also have the 305/65/18s, and they weighed 2.5 lbs less per tire than what the Falken website says. They also measure 33.6 and 12.1 mounted, so thats fairly exact except a tiny bit wider. Before these tires, I was able to get roughly 21 mpg on the highway in my 2016 Silvy. Now with the tires I can average right around 18.5-19, depending on the wind and things. So in my opinion, these beefy tires are so worth it. They way much less than their competitors in this size.

15. Gorlo77

Gorlo77 GMFS Member

After some more playing, it was found that the rub was mostly the mud flap but also some fender liner.[​IMG]
    And the front is pretty close but clears.[​IMG]

Zip tied as needed

16. rawalters117

rawalters117 Roll Tide

I am so glad the new trucks have bigger wheel wells. I have plenty of room with mine, even at full lock in reverse on an incline. :bleh:

17. Redbeard376

Redbeard376 New Member

There size online seems to be true in real world, unlike some of bfgs.... with my 275 70 Last weekend took a little road trip and was about 21 straight highway with a little tail wind, did some driving around Dallas traffic(nightmare) and ended up with 17.7 mpg hand calculated.

18. Redbeard376

Redbeard376 New Member

Not bad at all, the stock wheels have to help a little with the rubbing.

19. H8_2LUZ

H8_2LUZ GMFS Member

Needs norcal

20. Gorlo77

Gorlo77 GMFS Member

Might still do it. Was gonna for sure do it if I had went with the 295/70/18 ST Maxx but figured these were slightly safer.