Hello all, I just joined this forum and am in need of some help. I've got a 1995 GMC Suburban 5.7L k1500. Bought it with only 42k original miles and currently has 61k. Have had practically no issues with this truck till now. A few days ago I was sitting at a stop light when it turned green, I hit the gas and the Burb died. Tried to restart with nothing. No start and no crank. Jumped out and looked at the battery where I found the positive cable (going to the under hood fuse box) was broken at the battery terminal. Basically started moving it and noticed it felt easy to wiggle inside the rubber shielding and saw some sparks. I thought that was it. A broken battery cable. I got towed home and put the truck in the driveway. The next morning I went and had a custom 8ft 4 guage cable made. I installed it also with a new brass post connector on positive side of battery. Started the truck right after installing with no issues, pulled it into the garage and washed my hands of it thinking job well done. However, the next day the family got into the Burb, I went to start it and got nothing. No start, not even an attempt. No sounds. No clicks. Just like when it died at the light. Also, I noticed that although all accessories (windows, headlights, blower motor, dome lights, radio, etc...)work with key in position one, I'm not getting the typical check engine, abs, brake or battery lights in the instrument cluster (also not getting the little orange light under the PRND321). Nor am I getting left and right blinkers. I did some research and critical thinking and came up with a faulty ignition switch (so I thought). So, I swapped it out with a BWD unit from O'Reilly and that didn't end up working. I removed it and re-installed my original. At this point I've disconnected and reconnected that power cable and checked for 12v at the fuse box, back of alternator and starter. I've visually checked all fuses (though I did not pull each one out), I've looked for obvious signs of burnt wire and banged on my starter with a hammer. I'm completely puzzled as to why I was able to start the vehicle after changing the cable and pull it into the garage. But then, not be able to start it again. What do you all think?