Paint!?!?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by Donnie, Oct 23, 2005.

Sponsored By: Tonneau Factory Outlet
  1. Big Country

Big Country disgusted

so what's the best direction when going for a flat black or matte finish that doesn't look like it was done with a spray can? I'm not going super cheap but I wan't something I can spray myself. A friend of mine went to school for body work and paint, has 2 guns and compressor, and I've always wanted to flat black my truck. Anyone with experience shooting it yourself?

2. DrocheGMC

DrocheGMC 04 GMC Sierra 2500HD

would it be worth tryi ng to experiment with someone who sorda knows how to paint on my cowl hood thats just got the primer it comes with?

3. theking87

theking87 GMFS Member

PPG paint!

4. aleena212

aleena212 New Member

hi,
    when it becomes necessary to use spray paint,You need to know what kind of paint is best is best to use.Heaving some knowledge about material which enable you make sure that the painting process is completed correctly.Kind of spray paint are water based paint ,nitro cellous paint ,acrylic Enamel, acrylic Urethane etc all needs different requirements.

--------------------------------------------------------
    2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS

5. Turbopre2

Turbopre2 GMFS Member

Mixing brands when painting is fine, if it bubbles up or wrinkles it's because someting in the prep job went wrong. I work at an automotive paint store and if anyone is near fort worth texas come on down and we can hand match your paint for the type of job you're looking for and we have guys here with years of experience in the biz. I got clear for sale that is up to par with PPG Deltron and Dupont at much cheaper prices. Also if you're looking at into getting into painting your own stuff head down to your local body and paint shop and ask if they have any spare body parts they were gonna scrap and practice on them. You can find instructional videos if you are stuck on something but just remember everyone has different techniques and methods when it comes to painting.

6. Turbopre2

Turbopre2 GMFS Member

I for one want to color match the chrome pieces on the front and back bumpers and I will be using Industrial grade acrylic enamel paint. It is high gloss and very durable and it can be mixed with my paint code and to have a closer resemblance it has been hand matched by my boss at the auto paint store I work with.

7. charlesbarrett2013

charlesbarrett2013 New Member

haha..sorry gotta do this cause of the pic. job job job job job job job
    :troll3: