Power folding mirrors from Silverado to Tahoe?

Discussion in 'Exterior' started by allando, Jun 23, 2010.

Sponsored By: Tonneau Factory Outlet
  1. allando

allando New Member

So I scored some new power folding mirrors, w/ turn signals, & no puddle lights at work today.... It's from an 07 Silverado. Does anyone know if it will work with my 08 LT2 Tahoe. The Tahoe/Yukons have puddle lights, but these don't. I'm thinking they're different (switch, programming, etc.)....:think: Please help haha.

2. Kindredmsg

Kindredmsg Resident Metal Head

You are fine to swap, as long as the 07 is the new body style(from 07-10, like the truck in my sig) not the classic 07(03-07) body style.

I swapped my drivers side silverado mirror with a tahoe mirror with a puddle. Just plug and play. You can go the other way no problem too.

3. allando

allando New Member

Ok thanks... I gotta find the time to try. I still gotta get a main window switch to program cause I don't have power folding mirrors on it right now.:tongue:

4. Kindredmsg

Kindredmsg Resident Metal Head

Don't forget you'll have to get the computer programmed too.

If not, you'll hit the power fold switch and only the drivers will come in.

5. allando

allando New Member

Ok, so I had some time today to put these on. When I first plugged it in, only the driver side folded as you said. I reprogrammed the DDM (driver door module) & the BCM. Now no mirrors fold. Everything else works. I had a message while programming saying that if I'm using different mirrors, I have to call tech line to get a VCI code for special programming. IDK, I'm not too familiar w/ GM stuff... I work w/ Nissan at my dealer. Working on GM's is like my last resort, so I don't get to work on them as much as I used to LOL! If you're experienced in this maybe you can shed some light... Thanks.:shake:

Allan