Pro Performance: C1500 RCSB Build

Discussion in 'Under Construction' started by Pro Performance, Dec 29, 2016.

1. Pro Performance

Pro Performance Preferred Vendor

We have had this project for a while, but thought i would post on here and catch up to where we currently are.

Well, we have brought home another project, but this time something a little newer. We are wanting to offer more for these 88-98 trucks, and what better way than to build one! We have some new products already planned.

The base for our build will be a 1990 short bed, regular cab. As it sits now, it has a 383 (so the owner said), but we plan to do a 5.3 LS swap in it. Of course, big brakes and 20" wheels all around. The interior will be changed over to gray and have it all re-done. Not sure what to do on the color scheme, but will retain the darker red color.

Look forward to working on this truck. Have been lurking through other projects here and like what we see!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Pro Performance

Just got the front end update installed, but still have to get the new smoothie paintable bumper on. Just test fitting parts now, and eventually will paint the truck.

The brake setup should be finished about 60 days from now. They already started on the front.

I am going to use my old wheels on my '63 and put them on this truck. The HRBB Smoothie 3.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shibbby911 likes this.
  3. Pro Performance

Got the brakes all done, and drove the truck home. It truly does stop way better than before and am impressed with the results. It stops very well now! We ended up with a 13" rotor in the rear, which allowed the brake to moved closer to the wheel, since the 13" rotor has a shallower center hat. The front still uses the 14" front with the C5 caliper.

These trucks have a lot of variables on rear ends they used. These kits are for sale now, but need to measure axle housing bolt pattern and axle offset to ensure the proper fit. Our particular truck, was messed with. The rear rotor will not be double drilled like you see here. This rotor was already double drilled and used for this guinea pig truck.

Next up will be overhauling the suspension, and finishing the drop on the truck to sit it down lower. Ordered all new control arms, steering parts, bushings, etc. Our plan is to get the underneath all done, then off to paint.

Plans for suspension are a combination of parts. Right now there is a McGaughys drop spindle up front. We are going to pair that with StreetEdge drop springs, drop leafs in the rear and C-notch. Then using BellTech sways bars for both front and rear with BellTech shocks.

We opted for a drop leafs, since the PO's pulled leafs from the leaf pack. Figured we would source a drop leaf instead of finding a stock spring. This way we get new bushings and lowers the drop all in one shot. It already has a drop shackle in the back.

The truck has 20x8.5 / 20x10 Hot Rods by Boyd Smoothies 3's that came off my '63. We had the rears re-rimmed to the proper offset and width we wanted. Tires are a 255/40/20 and a 295/40/20.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Pro Performance

Some small updates. Got the front suspension torn off the truck, and getting ready to put all new control arms on. Also at this time, we will do the new Street Edge drop springs, BellTech sway bar and McGaughys shocks. While at it, we are going to replace all steering components, including the steering box. It had some play, and want the truck to drive extremely well. We will explore the R&P idea, but for now, this will get us on the road.

It was actually cheaper to buy brand new arms, than get bushings and ball joints and have them replaced. It was surprising to me this was the case. We cleaned up the frame a little. It will be a driver, so it is not perfect, but does look a little better. Did a sating black, but looks gloss since I took this picture when it was wet still.

The new Dakota gauges also showed up, but have a while until we get to that install.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Foltzwagn

Foltzwagn GMFS Member

Wow that's a really nice cluster, my dad has a 94' burb and I hate the factory gauges. I'll have to show him that setup!

Vortec 325 likes this.
  6. Pro Performance

Thanks! Can't wait wait to install it myself. We are dealers for them, so just let us know if we can help.

7. Pro Performance

Made a little more progress this week. Got the bed pulled and next will be handling the rear suspension. Be doing 4" drop leafs, shackles and c-notch from Street Edge, while being paired with a BellTech sway bar.

Since there is a little more room, we will also address the cab mounts and put in new poly ones from Prothane.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. shibbby911

shibbby911 GMFS Member

I've really been wanting this body style lately can't wait to see how this one turns out

9. BB_TX

BB_TX GMFS Member

:pedobear:

lol! Looking good bro!