Stock 6.2L w/ 8 Speed

Discussion in 'Black Bear Performance' started by ezskanken, Apr 16, 2017.

1. ezskanken

ezskanken GMFS Member

What kind of improvements did you guys notice with a tune from BB on an all stock 6.2L with 8 speed? Looking real hard at a 2015 Yukon Denali XL to fit the growing family.

Thanks.

IvanBlock likes this.
  2. BlackBearPerf

BlackBearPerf Preferred Vendor

Hello, are you wondering what gains we would see on that vehicle, with our tune?

3. ezskanken

ezskanken GMFS Member

Yes. I have one of your tunes on my 5.3 but it's been so long, and truck is far from stock. Planning on just a simple K&N and cat back exhaust. This will be my main family hauler. With the 8 speed, I'm just curious to see what it all does, and what people have to say. Haven't been able to find much on tunes with the 6.2 8 speed. I have the AutoCal as well.

4. 06 Silverado

06 Silverado GMFS Member

Here is a review I wrote up in another thread on here. I like mine

I have a 2015 Silverado crew cab 4X4 Z71 LTZ with the 6.2 and 8 speed Tranny. only other mod I have done is the air raid Tube and a K&N drop in filter, I contacted Black Bear and ordered the Autocal tune. Justin Emailed me my tune last week and I have been driving the truck for the last 3 days. It is awesome if you had thoughts on whether or not you would be impressed with spending a bunch of money on a truck tune don't worry you will be happy. The way this thing shifts is way more enjoyable and sporty feeling to drive, getting on an on ramp or passing is insane. it down shifts so quick and the power is just there and stays there. It is a big difference from the stock tune for sure, if you want to make your truck feel more sporty and quick to drive around this will do it. Also if you just take it easy and want to cruise around it drives fine in that sense as well. It doesn't shift funny or bang gears in any kind of driving manner it is all very smooth and nice and hard and firm when you want it to be. I already asked Justin's opinion on headers, y pipes, and exhaust so I'm sure ill be doing a few other things to this set up.

5. ezskanken

ezskanken GMFS Member

Thanks for that. Appreciate it.