Transfer case removal?

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by NorcalZ71, Feb 22, 2010.

1. NorcalZ71

NorcalZ71 GMFS Senior Member

241.....shoot me a PM, hopefully I'll know tomorrow or next monday/tuesday if I will need one or parts of one :lol: wish I could just figure out now that it was the t-case and prep a new one to swap straight in.

2. NorcalZ71

well it was a bit tougher to get out than i expected strictly from a "lowering it to the ground" aspect. An extra set of hands would have been sweet but I managed to hook up some of my tie-down straps around the case and slowly let them out to lower it to the ground after tilting it enough to drain the remaining fluid into a pan. Probably going to crack it open tomorrow and see what may or may not be wrong with it.

3. Phil

Phil Weird Turns Pro.

I bench pressed my t-case back on the other day, wasnt too bad. I laid on my back, rolled the case onto my chest and just lifted it into position.

4. NorcalZ71

im a couple inches shorter than you and my truck is a couple inches higher :lol:

could have benched it out probably but not without spilling a pint of fluid all over myself and probably jamming some fingers. it'll be fine going back in now that I know how it all comes off and will be fully devoid of fluid.