Turn signal and brights issue

Discussion in 'Technical Department' started by manche_mane, Dec 28, 2016.

1. manche_mane

manche_mane New Member

In 10 hours away from home and just realized that when i turn my signal on, all lights flash like hazards. Inside the cab, it looks like nothing is wrong.

When i tap the brake, the signals flash too.

This all goes away when i turn the headlights on, but the brights come on too.

In the front, I have HID lows and flashbacks with resistors. In the rear i have LED housings. Its been working fine for about a year.

Can anyone throw an idea my way so I can get back home?

The only thing I can think of is to maybe go to the store and buy a flasher and oem bulbs for the front. But I don't think changing bulbs will turn my brights off.
    Thanks,
    Chris

2. manche_mane

manche_mane New Member

Ok. Scratch the part about the brights...operator error

Still having problems with the signals though. I think I can get home well enough if I keep my headlights on. But still the rear right signal is working intermittently with it this way

3. manche_mane

manche_mane New Member

Hey it has been a long time since I posted about this issue. I no longer have this problem. My front lights are HIDs and flashbacks (with lights on, all white, then with the signal, the white turns off and only blinks amber to nothing, then the white back on. without lights on, only blinks amber)
    I had aftermarket tail lights that did not require a 50w 6 ohm resistor.
    I bought new after market tail lights. I added 1 resistor per side. there are 2 bulb sockets per side but I only needed 1 resistor per side to stop hyper flash.
    I rewrapped the front wiring as well as the electrical tape shrank and caused green corrosion on the wires. I did not solder which I recommend u do. definantly don't use the t taps that come with the resistors. twisting the wires together is better than t taps imo.
    My truck stopped acting funny after I replaced:
    left tail light harness
    tag light harness(comes with back up plugs)
    right tail light harness
    AND the circuit board that they plug in to.
    The circuit board costs $34. I believe this was the culprit because it was the last thing I replaced. I used electrical grease to fill the plug-ins completely and have not had a problem since. This board is extremely cheap and easy to replace.
    I have a nnbs that only requires 1 circuit board. the older guy at oreillys sweared that the nbs and older requires 2 circuit boards.
    I am very happy as of the past few months and recommend the circuit board as a fix to anyone who has electrical problems. especially if u take your rig off road. If its new, u should buy electrical grease and stuff your electric fittings with it