Vacume leak at throttle body air snorkel

Discussion in 'Maintenance' started by rmitch1902, Jan 1, 2017.

1. rmitch1902

rmitch1902 New Member

i have a 99 k2500 5.7 vortec.
    It has a vacume leak where you mount the air snorkel to the top of the throttle body .

The hard washer oring is wore out and cracked.

I haven't been able to source any place that sells something that will replace it.

Anyone have a fix for this?

2. SLEEPER VAN

SLEEPER VAN GMFS Member

Are you talking about the gasket between the air cleaner sleeve and the top of the TBI?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

3. SLEEPER VAN

SLEEPER VAN GMFS Member

If so you can use any 5 1/8" gasket from a carb or TBI. Any parts store should have one or the other. This shouldn't cause any issues with running. Remove any broken pieces and put back together until you get another gasket. I ran one truck without one for months with no problem. Check out the vacuum lines in the front (3) total for a cracked hose. This will cause it to run crappy. Especially if it's for the PCV valve!

4. rmitch1902

rmitch1902 New Member

it's mpfi. Not tbi .

It's the black snorkel box with the air silencer behind it , that runs over to the left to the air filter.

Im needing a replacement gasket for between the top on the throttle body and the air snorkel hood.

5. SLEEPER VAN

SLEEPER VAN GMFS Member

I think that is a sealed unit. If it is you'll have to replace the whole thing! I don't have one to look at tonight and I don't like pictures. I'll try and check it out in person from a friend tomorrow and give you a better answer to your problem.