GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got this a couple weeks ago. ‘81 short wide. Has some rust in the rockers and cab corner but got donor pieces ready to be put on in the next couple weeks.

Has a 4/6 belltech kit and I already replaced all 4 shocks.

Has a crate 325hp 350 with a 700r4 with roughly 1k on the build. Pretty quick for what it is.

Only things I’ve done so far is replace the phantom grill with an ‘’85 sticker I painted.

Plans are to fix the rust and then touch just about every aspect of the truck to make it a clean weekend driver.

Interior needs work but dash isn’t cracked and there’s a solid base. Have a new harness and motors for the power windows ready to go on hopefully this weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
ordered tires today. went ahead and got 295/50s for the back. Discount Tire said if they don't work I can just bring them back and get the 275/60s. Going to be real close with that 4" BS (for some reason I thought they were 5" when i ordered them) on the back but there is a guy that has 3.8" BS and it worked on another forum, so just going to give it a go and see what happens. Should have them on Friday evening. I will report back with pics! Going with 245/60s on the front.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The 295s look great, but would have been better with that extra 1” of back spacing.
Agreed man. These wheels were cheap. Gonna be the rollers for now. Bags and tubs with perfect offset wheels someday. Gonna be a long road

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts