GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Gm everything
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought this 2001 Chevy Silverado 2500Hd Crew Cab Out of state. I really wanted a CC Denali but at the time anything clean was 4x the price I paid for this, Bought the 2500 because of the 6.0 LQ4.

This is how she came to me
IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0114-1.jpg

IMG_0275.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

I did a few things before anything denali came.

I found this
IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

Which led to this
IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

Interior DynaMat & New carpet
IMG_0276.jpg

IMG_1126.jpg

IMG_1127.jpg

IMG_1128.jpg

IMG_1134.jpg

IMG_1132.jpg

IMG_1136.jpg

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1144.jpg

·
Gm everything
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Bed was too ding and dented to fix, Swapped another that didn't need much work.
IMG_0223-1.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_1169.jpg

IMG_1170.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

DENALI Swap

Glad I Had some help
IMG_1531.jpg

On the way home we found the hood latch wasn't high or tight enough to secure hood. Windshield, Hood and 2 new fenders later. Rushing Cost a lot of $$ that day -Also locked ourselves out rushing that day. you can see I cut and replaced the drivers handle.
IMG_1537.jpg

IMG_1536.jpg

Different Hood and few fenders from Lkq later.
IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1574.jpg

New Coils And Engine Power Wash
IMG_2799.jpg

IMG_2800.jpg

IMG_2818.jpg

IMG_2821.jpg

Now she sits one colorful truck
IMG_5983.jpg

IMG_5985.jpg

I bought a Denali Suv, and now starting to lose interest in finishing the CC. I have all the interior parts except seats. I was getting new vinyl installed instead of swapping a pair. And dying the interior plastics Black instead of blue. After a lil bodywork and Paint she would be done. Not sure now if ill finish and sell, Sell As is or Keep.. Hopefully the latter

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
so much bad luck.. looked best in first pic but in for final pics..

·
Gm everything
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea I wish I could of kept my HD hood for a different look.. I know many people love the HD's as is but since I wanted a Denali look and that 6.0 motor this was the easiest

·
Registered
10 Posts
At least see the project through. You may fall back in love with the end result.

Any interest in selling the HD grille, assuming you still have it?

·
Registered
120 Posts
what did you use to clean your engine bay? mine hasn't looked like that since i bought it. lol still a nice truck, i love the green color, its by far my favorite.

·
Gm everything
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I did not think many people liked the green, idk its grown on me.
I don't remember what I used to clean the bay, im sorry it was something suggested on the forum.
And no that HD stuff sold its self

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
In for the build. I always thought of doing the nbs denali 2500 hd myself. You should raise that front bumper to fill the gap in. Is the truck going to be painted a different color or you gonna keep it green? I cant wait to see the end result. Also have you thought about taking a 2500 hd hood and cutting it to fit the denali front end?

·
Gm everything
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Black is the plan, and yes I have a good size Todo list and raising the bumper is toward the top of it

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Okay cool. I cant wait to see the finished product. If ever buy a nbs gmc sierra 2500 hd in the future im gonna make it a denali clone lol.

·
Gm everything
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Swapping out the front was easy and only took a few hrs with help, I had a doner Denali so everything I needed was right there. Hardest part is doing the bumper gap right, Ive seen denali bumpers being sold to go on Chevrolets and not GMC said the top is straight across im assuming it fills in that gap some but since it has the 2500 body lift there will be some.. I think there were some 1500's and 1500hd's that came with the 6.0. finding one of them would be the easiest swap I think..

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
Where u located in kc? Saw that denali stuff on cl. I'm guessing you bought it.

·
4,725 Posts
I'm glad you didn't stop here, which is what would be coined a "Boyett brothers finished product"
IMG_1537.jpg

Good progress

1 - 20 of 66 Posts