GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
]I have a 01 Sierra, it has a Escalade cluster already swapped in. I really want a way to view my instant mpg. Im not sure if i can do this with a stock cluster ng, it seems 05+ gauges don't show instant mpg. However it seems this seems to be true for the 03/04 trucks that had the updated dash/gauges anyway? Is any 2001 capable of showing MPG with any gauge? I thought maybe it would with a <05 esky cluster, and i just had a newer one. Or if a 01 isn't capable, and I have to buy a scan gauge or something. The only thing my current escalade cluster shows is mileage, and trip.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
The only way to get the instant miles in a 99-02 is to add the D.I.C. from the Denali or escalades or a scan gauge. The clusters can not show that stuff.
Here's a D.I.C. that I added to my overhead console.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
You have to run wires to get the info to display. You have to tap I think 7 wires and then you have to find a place to mount the D.I.C. which can be a challenge cause you have to trim the area around the D.I.C. to get it to fit in the overhead console. It would be cheaper to buy a scangauge but I wanted the stock GM look so I went that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts