GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody else gotton a recall notice on there trucks i got one on my 03 they say the tailgate cables could rust or corrode and the tailgate could fall and hit the bumper or rollpan if weight is applied aint that something

·
Registered
143 Posts
yeah, its not a surprise tho - the cables have been breaking left and right, many people have had problems with them

the recalls are not all happening at once tho - GM could never keep up with the demand for new calbes. Instead, as I understand it, the recall is being issued in groups.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
it is a four million vehicle recall it suck to be GM right now

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
I got mine yesterday for my 2000 dually. Mine says it's for 2000-2004 gm trucks and 2002+ avalanches.

Cameron

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Im so glad i have a 99, my cables are just fine, and my crossmember is flush

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
my tailgate cable busted and the tailgate fell and got messed up, i went to the dealer and they said they havn't gotten any cables yet, i'll just have to keep waiting but its pretty gay..

·
I peed in your pool. Yay!
1,214 Posts
I dont know about the cables but i HATE HATE HATE the whole damn tailgate! The only thing they are good for is being stolen. Last night i unloaded a mower and when i put the tailgate back up, it came off the right hinge and fell on my rollpan before i could catch it. I got it back on and looked at my roll pan and there is a 2 foot place on the top of it where the paint had been grinded off. I WAS PISSED. especially when i'm trying to sell it. Jake

1 - 11 of 11 Posts