GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how is the rotor held on? by the wheel and lugnuts or do i need to pull the ends apart to put them on?

Picture001.jpg

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
errrr...I have been up for 20+ hrs and jsut finished a 12 hour shift forgive teh newb.

"Second design SRW axles in 1-ton pickup trucks and 3/4 ton Suburbans changed to allow for a slide-off drum (drum can be removed without pressing out the wheel studs). The backside of these hubs is not machined flat to accept a rotor, for example. The hub flange is also further inboard to allow for the thickness of the drum."

Im guessing since its second design its slide over. thank you billvista. sleepy time.

·
How y'all durrren?!
246 Posts
Wheel and lugnuts. If it's anything like mine was, I ended up coating the rotor down with obscene amounts of PB Blaster to try and break up the rust holding it on, followed by a great amount of "massaging" with a 3.5lb rubber shot-mallet. If you can gently tap it off with a rubber mallet, you're golden. But if you end up doing what I did, don't count on the rotor making it (my was already ruined by the previous owner so I didn't care, but the mallet broke off chunks). Keep in mind also the parking break is a drum style that has the drum inside the rotor hat, so that also made the removal of mine a bit more difficult.

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts