GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i have a stock 5.3 from an 02 tahoe...also have a rebuilt 80e from a 02 silvy with the 6.0...what combo will i need to make it all bolt up? stock flexplate with a crank spacer? 6.0 flex plate? just what will it take? i tried searching some of the performance sites and just got more confused. thanks.

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ehh, its real iffy...it seems like everything is a lil different between them all. i THINK i just need the crank spacer and longer bolts and ill be ok, but then again, don't know for sure. also, i got the GM part number for it and its about 30$ through GMPD.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
I was under the impression the 6.0 flexplate had more bolt holes...

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
You need a 4L80E flexplate and a crank spacer. The 80E flexplates are set up for the 6 bolts 80E converters, and have a 11.5 inch diameter bolt pattern (IIRC). The 60E flexplates are set up for a 3 bolt converter, 11" diameter bolt pattern.

When I did my swap I bought a new flexplate from the dealer (it was flat, instead of the 60E one which was dished in the center). Put the spacer between the crank and flexplate and it lined up perfectly.

·
Registered
807 Posts
You need a 4L80E flexplate and a crank spacer. The 80E flexplates are set up for the 6 bolts 80E converters, and have a 11.5 inch diameter bolt pattern (IIRC). The 60E flexplates are set up for a 3 bolt converter, 11" diameter bolt pattern.

When I did my swap I bought a new flexplate from the dealer (it was flat, instead of the 60E one which was dished in the center). Put the spacer between the crank and flexplate and it lined up perfectly.
i did the exact same thing:read:. you will need a crank spacer like chris said the 80e flexplate is flat and will not clear some of the bolts on the bellhousing...unlike the 60e flexplate that is curved outwards to clear it without a spacer.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Ah, there you have it.

That would be good info to add to the 80E swap sticky I started. :imo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts