GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 02' Denali quadrasteer, I bought it new and it is my baby. I have supercharged it and done many interior mods. Unfortunately the 02' Denali's only came in an extended cab version and I really want to swap it for a crew cab. I know there might be modifications that need to be done to the bed but I figured this would be easier than swapping the engine/tranny/rear axle on a later model crew cab Denali. If the body mounts line up I think the swap would be fairly easy. Anyone with expertise on this subject would be much appreciated. I have found a couple other threads with similar desires but none of them are contending with the quadrasteer option. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
388 Posts
No sure the wheel base is the same but if it is, I'd just put the cab and bed off the donor truck onto your chassis because you'll need a shorter bed , not sure all the cab mounts will line up but I'm sure the front two will then just weld on rear one's if they don't line up and the bed just mounts through the chassis you may need to drill a couple new holes. But unless you really want the quad steer it would be easier to put your motor and trans in the donor truck if the chassis is good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did this ever got done? I have an 02 and want the crew cab option as well but I must keep the quadrasteer. Thinking cab swap as well, if not I'll have to extend it myself and that will be a lot of man hours.

No sure the wheel base is the same but if it is, I'd just put the cab and bed off the donor truck onto your chassis because you'll need a shorter bed , not sure all the cab mounts will line up but I'm sure the front two will then just weld on rear one's if they don't line up and the bed just mounts through the chassis you may need to drill a couple new holes. But unless you really want the quad steer it would be easier to put your motor and trans in the donor truck if the chassis is good.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Did this ever got done? I have an 02 and want the crew cab option as well but I must keep the quadrasteer. Thinking cab swap as well, if not I'll have to extend it myself and that will be a lot of man hours.
1500 crew cabs all used the super short 5.5’ bed. Quadsterrs only used the 6’ bed found on 1500 extended cabs or 2500 all 1500 short beds.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts