GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought they were indestructable - But gf's brothers truck, 2002 2500HD Duramax w/Allison is out of commision. Won't shift out of 3rd Gear :think:

Oddly enough, the Shift Indicator on the Dash won't "Highlight" N (neutral), 2 or 1.

Here are the DTCs... Any insight would be helpful... This thing appears fuuuuuucked up :roflmao:

Diagnostic Trouble Codes

P0722 "Output Speed Sensor Circuit Low Voltage" EPA ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0840 "Transmission Fluid Pressure (TFP) Sensor A Circuit" EPA ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0843 "Transmission Fluid Pressure (TFP) Sensor A Circuit High Voltage" EPA ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0700 "Transmission Control Module (TCM) Requested MIL Illumination" EPA ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0708 "Transmission Range (TR) Switch Circuit High Voltage" EPA Pending ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0700 "Transmission Control Module (TCM) Requested MIL Illumination" EPA Pending ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0622 "Generator 1 F-Terminal Circuit" H ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0700 "Transmission Control Module (TCM) Requested MIL Illumination" PHC ($10) "Powertrain Control Module (PCM)"
P0722 "Output Speed Sensor Circuit Low Voltage" H ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0840 "Transmission Fluid Pressure (TFP) Sensor A Circuit" H ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0843 "Transmission Fluid Pressure (TFP) Sensor A Circuit High Voltage" H ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0845 "Transmission Fluid Pressure (TFP) Sensor B Circuit" H ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0870 "Transmission Fluid Pressure (TFP) Sensor C Circuit" H ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0875 "Transmission Fluid Pressure (TFP) Sensor D Circuit" H ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"
P0708 "Transmission Range (TR) Switch Circuit High Voltage" MPHC ($18) "Transmission Control Module (TCM)"

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
TCM might be bad. Check the wiring all the way through. That number of "unrealated" things, I would assume a major failure in it's system.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I should add, I cleared all DTCs - And the TCM requested the MIL to be re-lit with all that shit immediately. The MIL didn't even go out for one second.. lol..

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok, sounds like he got a new PNP switch - installed it, all the gears illuminate on the cluster now - But the truck won't crank, no click from Solenoid.

Reading through GM's current SPO manuals, I've found article - Document ID# 742421 Starter Solenoid Does Not Click.

Inspected all fuses and relays - all look good.

Wwwwwwwwtf now :rofl2:

Any more ideas would be great!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Does he still have code P0622? That is something about the alternator and how it may not be charging properly. You say the starter just clicks, maybe he has drained his battery. I know once my truck started doing that and i replaced that starter and shit and it turned out to be a bad battery. Get someone to jump him.

You still want the definition and rough diagnostic procedures for those codes you listed? I have compiled them in a pdf document that i can email to you.

Edit: Nevermind, didn't at first see that there was no click. Without being able to get it on a tester like advance or someplace would have i really don't know what the problem could be. Have him clear out the codes and rescan for all his codes now.

·
Resident Guinea ***
14,535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, it's odd - no click from the solenoid :hmm:

He's got 12v power everywhere, headlights, power windows are rapid.

Send it over :head:

[email protected]@c-hock.com

subtract one @ lol

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
Damn...did the truck over a rock over something? The truck's tranny problems may have gotten the starter as well. Any aftermarket electronics?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts