GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard of cars running fine when you take cats out, even though they'll put up a check engine light, and i've also heard of it affecting performance. I cut down my cross member so i figured why not run a true duel. I know other vehicles have a way to bridge out the 02 sensor(not exactly sure what it does) Anyone know of a mod for the silverado's??? Gonnna be an expensive mod cuz NY is real strict with inspections, they are video'd and everything. Costs like 100-150 for an "inspection" and very few shops will do it for you anymore. Any of you guys with true duels, did you move your fuel lines, or just have the pipes run right through that hole in the frame??

·
thats right
1,399 Posts
well you can run true duals and keep your stock cats........

but if you want to remove them, you need O2 simulators. a buncha places sell them. i think summit does

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
You can only remove the back ones, you still need the 2 in front of the cats to make the computer happy, simms won't work there.

·
03 Tahoe
1,364 Posts
OWrd...you can only remove the rear ones BUT if you do you need o2 simms to fake the signal to the computer to keep the SES codes off. These post o2 sensors make sure the cats are there and can tell you when they go bad. You can run true duals but I'd keep the cats in there.....I dunno if they will check that in NY.

Cameron

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They check, but thats why we pay for inspections. If you have a true perfomance setup, it wont pass emissions anyways, so why have that restriction in there. I dont have any serious mods done to it, but two shops wouldn't even give my truck a safety cuz of my notch. Real strict out here. Suposedly they're gonna make it so you get a safety for the first four years of having your vehicle instead of makin u run emissions after two. Since my cross members cut my cat on the drivers side will hit the ground, so instead of having it raised, just gonna get rid of it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts