GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok my 02 has a tape deck in the center console right in front of the cup holders. I am looking for a replacment that is just smooth with no hole. I thought I saw someone say something about gm making one once but I cant find anything.

Does anyone have a part number for this piece in dark grey????

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For some reason I thought i read some where on here, mind you this has been a couple years, that they make that piece without the tapedeck hole... Humm maybe all the do is just the pocket... Anyone else know what I am talking about?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
As far as I'm aware GM never made any type of block off plate for 99-02 consoles. I think the only alternative really offered was a pocket. Your best bet is to get some ABS plastic and make one, you could go get that done right now.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
damn, I was hoping that they made a smooth panel that I could recut, I wanted to install this http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?i=500199&pdesc=MB_Quart_Nautic_iPod_Dock&str=mb quart&merchID=1008&r=view
It's an I-pod docking station. I don't think the trim ring is wide enough to cover the hole... Humm... Guess I will have to figure something out..
Damn, that dock would look super badass mounted there. Keep it up, I bet it turns out awesome.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn, that dock would look super badass mounted there. Keep it up, I bet it turns out awesome.
Yeah thats what I thought when I saw it my buddies boat!!!

Option 2 is making a panel that goes inside the cd holder thing right under the tape and mounting it in there, then its out of site of would be thieves... But I would prefer the look of it replacing the tape deck...

·
Registered
405 Posts
looking at the manual it looks like it doesn't plug in really, you plug the cord in and the stuff the thing in the hole. It'd be awesome if it just plugged in.
To me, it sounds like the cable plugs into the dock and you just dock your ipod/phone

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
To me, it sounds like the cable plugs into the dock and you just dock your ipod/phone
You are correct, you just plug the cable into this unit and the i-pod/phone slides in and out, its a docking station. No more cables to plug in, just a nice clean install.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I just use a universal pocket, like a 88-00-9000 and fabricate some brackets for it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let me know what you wound up doing. I have a 2000 GMC Sierra and want to get rid of the tape deck as well.

It seems like there should be some type of part or replacement. There were certainly 99-02 GMFS's that had a center console and no tape deck.

Austin

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had a buddy that put a ham radio in that spot has any one taken the radio out and know the dimensions i would like to find a equalizer that would fit. his ham fits there perfect you can not even tell it wasn't suppose to be there. I have a 2001 silverado lt extended cab thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts