GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok my 02 has a tape deck in the center console right in front of the cup holders. I am looking for a replacment that is just smooth with no hole. I thought I saw someone say something about gm making one once but I cant find anything.

Does anyone have a part number for this piece in dark grey????

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
For some reason I thought i read some where on here, mind you this has been a couple years, that they make that piece without the tapedeck hole... Humm maybe all the do is just the pocket... Anyone else know what I am talking about?

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
As far as I'm aware GM never made any type of block off plate for 99-02 consoles. I think the only alternative really offered was a pocket. Your best bet is to get some ABS plastic and make one, you could go get that done right now.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Damn, that dock would look super badass mounted there. Keep it up, I bet it turns out awesome.
Yeah thats what I thought when I saw it my buddies boat!!!

Option 2 is making a panel that goes inside the cd holder thing right under the tape and mounting it in there, then its out of site of would be thieves... But I would prefer the look of it replacing the tape deck...

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
I just use a universal pocket, like a 88-00-9000 and fabricate some brackets for it

·
Registered
16 Posts
Let me know what you wound up doing. I have a 2000 GMC Sierra and want to get rid of the tape deck as well.

It seems like there should be some type of part or replacement. There were certainly 99-02 GMFS's that had a center console and no tape deck.

Austin

·
Registered
1 Posts
i had a buddy that put a ham radio in that spot has any one taken the radio out and know the dimensions i would like to find a equalizer that would fit. his ham fits there perfect you can not even tell it wasn't suppose to be there. I have a 2001 silverado lt extended cab thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts