GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 5.3
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, having a recent issue with my Tahoe. None of the door locks work, I can hear the relays clicking. Key fob activates the locks as well but only hear the relay clicking. When you open the door the alarm starts going off. Also the security light is illumated on the dash, goes away when it starts. I tried a hard reset of the battery but to no avail. I find it hard to believe all 6 lock actuators failed at one time.

Pulled the master control on drivers side and that didn't make a difference. The wife said this happened after she dropped her key fob and the alarm went off. I find that to be coincidental, I pulled the key fob battery and removed it from the vehicle, still the same issue.

Any help is appreciated, also glad to be here!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
The alarm will always tigger doing a manual door key unlock.

there is nomaster control also on a 99-02.

·
Registered
2002 Chevrolet Tahoe LT 5.3
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The alarm will always tigger doing a manual door key unlock.

there is nomaster control also on a 99-02.
If all doors are unlocked and you hit unlock on the fob, shut the doors and wait a minute reopen doors alarm goes off. That's without relocking.

UPDATE:
Left the battery off for 12 or so hours, reconnected and everything worked fine for about 10 minutes.
Going to check all chasis grounds and retry. If they are good I'm going to replace the BCM.
Cheers.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
If all doors are unlocked and you hit unlock on the fob, shut the doors and wait a minute reopen doors alarm goes off. That's without relocking.

UPDATE:
Left the battery off for 12 or so hours, reconnected and everything worked fine for about 10 minutes.
Going to check all chasis grounds and retry. If they are good I'm going to replace the BCM.
Cheers.
Do you have steering wheel controls?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts