GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys n gals,

So i didn't know the plugs we're different on the 99-02's and 03-07' classics for the mirror harness. has anyone done a conversion...i figured for sure it'd be stickied if it were.

I'd really like to retain the power mirror function, but am currently at a stand still. I wouldn't think it'd be hard since the 03+'s have less wires on them than the 99-02 style harnesses do.

Thanks in advance for any step in the right direction,

Dave

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
I did it, swapped in esky mirrors I bought from Anthony. Made plenty of posts about it. Never got stickied. I'm so shocked.

Start cutting and splicing!

Passenger Side

Drivers Side

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you matt! did you use the factory connectors, or just use male/female spade connectors on everything?

edit: looks like it might take what 2hrs tops?

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
thank you matt! did you use the factory connectors, or just use male/female spade connectors on everything?

edit: looks like it might take what 2hrs tops?
That's exactly what I did, cut off the male connectors on the 03+ mirror harness and the 99-02 female sockets on the door, and joined them with m/f insulated spades!

Saved the pigtails so if I ever need to go back to stock, and the spades will help if I need to replace a mirror.

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Matt were the bolts different that hold the mirror on? The mirrors i bought came from an 03 hd and the bolts are missing. Jon said the bolts from his crew will not fit my mirrors he has. :think: I'm trying to figure out if my bolts from my 02 will work or if they don't what i need to do. I was going to start a thread for this but i figured you might know. Wow thats confusing

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dunno about HD's, but the 03 set i got we're 10MM just like my 00 is

·
OG
6,939 Posts
Thats what i don't get they are the same mirror i thought

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I think he was talking about the stud. I will try to get him to chime in on this thread.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
matt, you have any pics of your harness? figured i could just copy yours, lol. Hell of alot easier than reading a deal trying to figure out what wire goes to what.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts

·
OG
6,939 Posts
I'm glad jon is doing mine. I hate wires

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
that helps me none....lol.

I basically only need 4 wires for left/right/down/up, i don't have defrost or power fold...shit's to fancy for me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Do a search for power folding mirrors. It only takes a switch, two wires from each mirror connected together, a power lead, and a ground. Works great. Good luck.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,542 Posts
that helps me none....lol.

I basically only need 4 wires for left/right/down/up, i don't have defrost or power fold...shit's to fancy for me.
Are you confused already? :jester:

If you only have power mirror... you need 3 wires. Look at the sheet.

Drivers side.

03+-----------99-02
yellow ---> yellow (this is your right/down, left/up... diagonal, like if you hit the top or bottom corner of the power mirror switch)

lt. blue ---> white (look at the letter in the diagram "E", its the white wire in the corner of the plug) (this is for left/right)

lt. green ---> lt. green (up/down)

Get to it! Take pictures.

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'll post a write-up with detailed pictures....fuckin raining again, so no go today, lol.

·
GMFS Member
44 Posts
When I did mine it took me all day and I thought I was good with wiring. I had my hefroster wire and the positive up and down wire (I think) mixed up some how, kinda weard that when I turned on the defroster my passenger mirror went up. Hmm weard.:think:

·
Registered
6,249 Posts
I did it, swapped in esky mirrors I bought from Anthony. Made plenty of posts about it. Never got stickied. I'm so shocked.

Start cutting and splicing!

Passenger Side

Drivers Side
Soooo this diagram works huh? How did everyone do there wiring? Just cut off the connectors and use insulated connectors??? Seems like it would be easiest if ya ever had to switch a mirror out! What guage wire is the stock harnesss? I bought a 99-02 switch of a escalade for where the empty pocket is on my dash. Does the blank pocket pop out and the powerfold switch pop in? Anyone use that before? Thanks fella's gotta go pick up my mirrors in a lil bit from the bodyshop!!!!! :big_banana_Dance::biggrin:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts