GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
22S SON
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would an 03-06 dash fit in a 99 silverado and have everything bolt up and all the ac controls, gauges, etc bolt up? Theres a 03 gettin parted out near me and i was thinkin about gettin the dash and swappin dashes so i can have a double din without having to do all the work involved in making a 99 dash into a double din. Im guessin the answer is no, cuz this all sounds too easy

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
As far as I remember, the basic frame is the same, and the dash pad may be the same, but the electronics are completely different.

You may be able to use the radio bucket and dash bezel to more easily convert from the 99-02 style to the 03-07 Classic. And if the truck has a console, then you could do a complete swap.

That's probably your best bet. But as far as an easy swap, no, not easy. And I'm pretty sure none of the electronics are easily swapable.

·
Registered
148 Posts
^ What he said electronics no but the dash yes. I have an 03+ escalade dash in my 02 (Must use 03+ light sensor with out digital climate control)

But if you only want to upgrade to a double din radio just get the radio bucket and the bezel from a 03+

·
Registered
207 Posts
Just swapping in a double din radio is gravy. As far as all the controls and cluster I've been told before its not possible. I spoke with Denaliano about this and he said the only way to swap electronics is a total harness swap. Not an easy task. Best bet for you would be to swap the bezel and radio bucket and find an aftermarkert double din.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've read in the MP3Car forum about doing this swap for the double din conversion. As stated above, the bezel will fit and the radio bucket will also fit. But, you will need to modify the heater/ac control unit by moving it to a lower position and you won't be able to use the ashtray without modifying the bezel.

·
22S SON
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok. Ya i was jus wantin to keep all my electronics and bolt it to the 03 dash. Then jus get a double din. I havent loomed too deep at where the radio bolt in, does the whole radio and ac part of the dash come out seperate from the dash? Im not too worried about the amount of work, im about to tackle a full cab swap. Haha. The closer it yets to doin it, the more im intimidated. But i was hinkin about tryin to get a 03 dash since its all gonna be torn apart. And theres a couple 03+ around me that are gettin parted out

·
Registered
102 Posts
i just bought an 03+ escalade bezel for my 01 silverado, and it clips right in, but the squared off corners of the bezel look out of place with the 01 rounded corners(dash pad swap would remedy this). and the 01 heater controls look horrible in it IMO, and since the heater controls(electronics) cant be swapped, im not gonna use it.

·
Watchu know about trucks?
1,154 Posts
Here's an easier way to do a 99-02 double din .... http://www2.cardomain.com/ride/825435/3
That is not easier by a long shot. That looks like it would take quile a long time to accomplish. Swapping over the 03-06 bucket, making a 3/4" spacer for the HVAC controls and snapping on the dash bezel takes less than an hour.

·
22S SON
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya. I saw that link when i first got a NBS and i was totally intimidated. So i was thinkin the dash swap would be better. But ima jus put it off alltogether till later

1 - 13 of 13 Posts