GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Tried/ know if the 03-06 Drivers Window Controlls will fit or a way to convert them to fit into a 99-02??

From This:

To This: (but the 4 window Model)

·
Desert Rat
3,705 Posts
try it and let people know if it works

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,667 Posts
why?

I know right off the bat, they're held in to the door panel two different ways, who knows if the connections are the same

·
SyTy Speed Shop
229 Posts
you could swap in the 03+ door panels. Im not sure of the wiring is different as far as controling the windows, but im pretty sure the express down feature is built into the switch itself and not controlled by the BCM.

·
Banned
1,847 Posts
noppppppe wont work......the 99-02 ones are just simple power and grounds gonig to the locks and regulators.....

the 03-07 (classic) have modules and relays in them sendin the signal to the bcm then bounces back to the switches thennnnn goes to the locks and regulators,.

·
GMFS Member
845 Posts
noppppppe wont work......the 99-02 ones are just simple power and grounds gonig to the locks and regulators.....

the 03-07 (classic) have modules and relays in them sendin the signal to the bcm then bounces back to the switches thennnnn goes to the locks and regulators,.
True story. Tried it on my 02 and wouldn't work. I was hoping I could do a simple switched power setup, but that was a no go.

As stated above, switch says "hey, dude wants me to roll down the window. Is that cool BCM?" BCM says "yeah, I guess. It's not like I'm monitoring a million other systems or something." Then the switch is like "sweet, I'll let him know."

That's pretty much it.

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,396 Posts
yeah. wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy different.

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts

yup yup, data verus analog

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dang! Sounded like a a great idea... Id love to have that automatic express down!

Thanks Guys for the help..

·
┌∩┐(º_º)┌∩┐
363 Posts
Dang! Sounded like a a great idea... Id love to have that automatic express down!

Thanks Guys for the help..
I started a thread about this same thing a few months ago.. I think next time i'm at a junkyard i'm gonna see if i can get another driver's side switch, and try to just pull the auto-down side out and swap it into my switch for the passenger side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts