GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right? I tried searching, but I guess I'm a moron cause I didn't get the exact answer I was looking for. I got a few "I think it's 9006 or 6009... something like that."

But my buddy with a '03 w/ factory fogs wants some Silverstars for his, and I just want to make sure before we buy the bulbs and roll around on the damn ground putting them in.

Thanks! :shake:

·
|=====TK=====|
523 Posts
Shit, I been running the high-beam bulbs (9005) in my fogs since about when the truck was new. You don't have to 'make' them fit or anything, just put them in and they will work. I check mine all the time and haven't had a single issue with wiring overheating, the light fixture burning up, or anything of the sort. Works great for me. Giver 'er a try.
-TK

·
Fresno State Bulldog
5,708 Posts
Shit, I been running the high-beam bulbs (9005) in my fogs since about when the truck was new. You don't have to 'make' them fit or anything, jut put them in and they will work. I check mine all the time and haven't had a single issue with wiring overheating, the light fixture burning up, or anything of the sort. Works great for me. Giver 'er a try.
-TK
:word: they work just fine for me....although people don't like to be in front of me when they are on for some reason :think: :crazy: :D

·
Registered
6,133 Posts
mine worked fine for a few monthes but like a week ago when i went to turn them on, the bulb was out so i got out and looked and it was completly exploded inside the fog housing and now its all brown and dirty looking, im gonna try and have the dealer warranty it tho

·
GMFS Resident Drunk Guy
704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
See... that's why I asked. I would've looked like a dumbass trying to make the 9006's fit. Thanks again guys! :shake:

·
Registered
3,648 Posts
Yep I've got a 9005, 8000K HID kit in mine, and they are bright as all get out! I've had them on there for a week now with no problems, but only time will tell.

Chris
Acro Texas

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
How about 99-02 housing. What other bulbs can you run in it?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
curious on tha 99-02 as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts