GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I decided to put a oem hood light on my 04 Silverado LS. As many of y'all know GM discontinued this from their vehicles after 03.

Open your hood of your truck and see if you have the indicated bracket holes to hold the light housing. You have to remove 2 oval shaped rivets that hold the black cover from the hood to see. It's going to be on your driver side ** most 03 - 06 Trucks and SUVs have this option **

I went to the junkyard last week and pulled the harness and light housing that you see above, but it was to dirty and old and I didn't want to use it. I bought this through Amazon Prime. The harness comes with 2 wires. Orange and Black.

I'm missing one rivet. Take the 2 black plastic rivet holders that hold the wire loom for clean install. That also has holes in the hood for you to put it on. Make sure you cut through the black cover for the ligt bracket and rivets.

Attach the wire harness that's onto the wire that's for the windshield wipers.

Find you a ground. I got extra red wire to extend it to the fuse box. I tapped into the cigarette lighter fuse to get power. (( I previously said orange wire, that's your power wire ))

Finished product. The light works with gravity. It has a mechanism inside the housing telling it to turn on. Once you close your hood it will turn off. I have an LED light from LASFIT lighting.

Hope this helps. Any questions just ask.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
My dads old 96 Sierra had the retractable light you could remove and pull from the bracket. It had like 6 or so feet of cord. That was nice!

Nice job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kskrew

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Love it!
Any chance you got a link to the Amazon entry for that harness?

Thanks for the write-up!

No problem my man. Actually, I got the light housing from Prime. The harness I got from the junkyard. The guy from the junkyard gave me the harness and housing that I didn't use for free! Go to your local junkyard and look for 99 - 02 Gm truck and pull the harness. You might get lucky like me and get it for free. I forgot which website has the whole kit, but I wouldn't go that route lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts